• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

(Help) Night Bears

solocam

Can anyone give me some advise on how I can keep the bears from hitting my bait only at night? This has happened the last three years in a row. confused.gif

WE have had this happen along with many other bear hunters. What we did after they were hitting our baits before the season was to pull our bait when we were done hunting. Now, they have to come and feed a little sooner or thier food will be gone. Sometimes this does train the bear to hit a little sooner. Your bait pile might be the last one of numerous baits to get hit by the same bears and you can train them to hit you first unless there is alot of bait piles in the area you are hunting and baiting.

It can also make a difference if there is alot of natural food in the forest which they can and will hit first before yours.

We try to bait first thing in the morning. We have even shot bear on morning stand.

I used to even leave the shirt I was wearing near the bait site to get the bear accustomed to my smells. Other than that , yes bait in the morning and/or take the bait with you at the end of the day. It seems they always roll in right at dark:(