Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Muskycrazy

WHY TWINS FANS STINK

Muskycrazy    0
Muskycrazy

Because when they don't play well this board is on fire but when they win - silence . Go figure .

Spinner1    0
Spinner1

Musky, good news just doesn't sell. grin.gif

Jorgie    0
Jorgie

Quit wasting the board's space with this crap.

The Twins won yesterday and I'm happy. When I have a good weekend, that makes me happy. That doesn't mean I post about it every time it happens.

The discussions on the Twins' problems are fans trying to figure out what is wrong. This season was filled with such promise that we want to discuss what went wrong. That doesn't mean we are jumping ship.

walleyes12    0
walleyes12

Jorgie-

I agree 100%

Windy City Walleye Hunter    0
Windy City Walleye Hunter

Crazy,

Not so for us Pale Hose fans. I know you have not heard as much from me this season as my beloved Pale Hose flail about in mediocrity as you did during the 2005 season (you remember that one don't you?). Not sure why Twink fans would chirp more when they tank but I know that when I get a bad meal from a restaurant I stop going to that one. Lots of other things to occupy my time. Oh well, I guess I have just added fuel to your fire by posting this so enjoy!

Windy

Willy    0
Willy

What do you want everyone to proclaim how great they are because they won a couple games?

The fact is, the Twins are underachieving this year. Cleveland and Detroit are both doing their best flop trying to give the division away and we have squandered a very good chance.

If you told me at the start of the year it would only take 86-88 wins to take this division, I would never believed it. Well, that is probably all it will take and if the Twins would have played even one good stretch of ball, they would be right there.

Plus, the talk is always going to be about what is wrong and what we can fix. It's no fun to talk about how everything is perfect. smirk.gif

PierBridge    0
PierBridge

Quote:

Because when they don't play well this board is on fire but when they win - silence . Go figure .

Lots of bandwagon jumbers here for sure and lets face it someguys will complain about anything grin.gif

Go Twins couldn't happier watching them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Wettschreck    0
Eric Wettschreck

Quote:

Go Twins couldn't happier watching them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, sometimes frustrating but always fun to watch.

Last night when Mauer was at bat in the 9th, I looked at my buddy sitting on the pub stool next to me and said,"They're going to walk Mauer, load em for a force, and Torii is going to jack one."

For once in my life I got a call right.

Willy    0
Willy

I guess I watch them either way, win or lose. Always have. It is still baseball and better than that, Twins baseball.

However, what is wrong with pointing out the goods and bads of the team?

I will say right now that our pitching this year has been excellent. Alot better than expected and definitely a reason to get excited for next year, provided we bring in some offensive help.

If there weren't things to complain or pick apart, what would we talk about?

Gee, the Twins are good. End of story and no more posts. smirk.gif

LABS4ME    0
LABS4ME

Look how muskycrazy spells muskie...

He's probably stirin' the pot because he's a Brewer's fan... grin.gifshocked.gifcrazy.gif

Go Twins! (even though I think they are done too). I'll take this over many of the other teams they've fielded over the last couple of decades.

Good Luck!

Ken

Stratosman    0
Stratosman

Hey just think in a couple of months we can watch Minnesota's real winning team..... the Timberwolves... grin.gif

Coach Dog    0
Coach Dog

How about that grand slam by T-Hunt last night? That was pretty sweet.

mnwild    0
mnwild

Where are those types of hits when they are down by 2 or 3 runs in the 7th inning?? It was a nice shot but that could of been used a few games back.

Coach Dog    0
Coach Dog

I agree. But all I could think of is that "may" be one of the last HR's we get to see Hunter hit as a Twin. I hope I'm wrong.

Muskycrazy    0
Muskycrazy

I hope your wrong too Coach . I'd like to think Torii realizes that as a Twin he is one of our own , an icon , and probably will be even if he leaves . If he goes to the Yankees he will be much richer but I don't think he will be as beloved . I should have said why SOME fans stink in the subject bar because I know that most Twins fan are like me . We appriciate the 2 World Series wins , the many , many divisional wins . The year in and year out quality teams that the Twins field . I went to my first Twins game around '71 at the Met , I grew up , like a lot of us , listening to the Killer , Carew , Oliva , Hrbek , Puckett and the rest . Things is that in that time I have learned to accept that not every team is going to be great . But they will be again . A lot of guy think the suits have packed it in , I don't think so . I don't think they play for next year . I think they are pretty good at what they do . I questioned when they drafted Mauer instead of Prior , like a lot of people did , but it turns out they were right - like they are most times . I understand frustration , I get frustrated too, but like I said sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad . They play against other professional ball players and sometimes they're just not going to look as good as the other team .

Windy City Walleye Hunter    0
Windy City Walleye Hunter

MuskyCrazy,

Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same. In reading your post I see myself, except about 6 hours southeast here in the Windy City. My first recollections were right around 1969 when I was 10 years old and I can still remember my first Sox team. Bill Melton, Carlos May, Luis Apparricio, Buddy Bradford, Ed Hermann, Bobby Knoop, Ken Berry, Dick Allen, Walt "No Neck" Williams. Those memories are what cement your following and create those crazy life long fans that sit on threads like this slinging the B.S. I still have some of my old baseball cards and like you, don't expect a winner every year. Grumble when they are doing bad, crow a little when they do good but day in and day out find ourselves flipping the channel on every day when they take the field!

Windy