Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vister

archery range

15 posts in this topic

A bit off of the beaten path, but another favorite time of the year is coming up. Anyone know of a west metro, indoor/outdoor archery range. any kind of a target to shoot at would be great, almost any location as well. Good luck fishing

THERE IS A RANGE AT LAKE SUSAN IN CHANHASSEN THAT IS FREE, THEY HAVE A 20, 30, AND 40 YARD TARGET, ALSO A REALLY NICE RANGE AT STARLING PARK IN EDEN PRAIRIE ON FLYING CLOUD DRIVE, AND THEN A INDOOR RANGE AND PRO SHOP AT CABIN FEVER IN VICTORIA ON HWY 5 - ITS LIKE 5 MIN FROM CHANHASSEN ON HWY 5. HOPE THIS HELPS AND HAPPY SHOOTING!!!

The one in Eden Prairie is excellent. It's right across from Flying cloud. Has a roof and layered targets.

I know of 2. One in osseo and one up by anoka. The one in osseo is on the north side of 81 just west of the high school, I've never shot there however. It's an indoor. There is a very nice outdoor with 3D target range up by Anoka off of Hanson just north of the anoka "main street". Just turn right by the compost if your headed north on Hanson.

You're right, the one in eden prairie is a nice one, kinda small though. However, last night i went down there and couldn't use it because there was a kids night there, so a guy refered me to a new one in shakopee. outdoors, lots of room 3 targets each at 20,30,40 yards, and the locals say big plans in the future, possibly targets out to 90 yards. On the NW corner of the 101 bridge south of 212 in shakopee. Unfortunately for me it is a 23 mile drive, but, lots's of room and it was free, and close to the Lions Tap.

The Gander Mountain in Lakeville has one, not sure if the one in E.P., or elsewhere do, though.

That is helpful news about the Eden Prarie range and the Shakopee range. Someone said there is one in Chaska, anyone know where? Also would like to know about any rifle ranges in the area. I would like to shoot a muzzleloader out to 100 or 150 yards.

The range in Chaska is off County Rd 110 across from the VFW. You have to drive into the parking lot across the road from it as it is not visible from he road. There are 20,30,40 yrd targets. Also try cabin fever in victoria, they have nice indoor range.

I just went to the EP Gander yesterday to shoot, their archery range (if you can even call it that) is pretty lame. You have to go through the Lodge to get to it and it's just a 3 lane at most wide range. They basically use it as storage so it's cluttered with treestands and boxes. Wouldn't recommend going there. I've been meaning to try out that city range at Staring park or the one down by Shakopee.

Any east metro recommendations/locations, the farther northeast the better?

There is an outdoor range in Shoreview on Lexington, north of 96 on the west side, its part of the old ammo manufacturing land. There is 8-10 lanes and they have hay bales, but its sometimes pretty beat up.

There is Bunker Lake as well that closer to Coon Rapids and they have an outdoor 30d range and an indoor range as well.

Capra's on 65 south of Highway 10 also has a shooting range on their second floor.

Those are the ones I know of.

dont think it has been mentioned yet but Bwana archery right at 694 and 35E has an indoor range and they also have a video shoot that is very reasonably priced.

There is a new outdoor range in Shakopee under the 101 bridge next to the new boat ramp.

Anyone know of any rifle ranges in the west metro area. I would like to shoot my muzzloader out to at least 100 yards. The only one I know of is Caribou in LaSuer and that is a hall for me. Someone said there is a private gun club in Waconia. Anyone know anything about that?

I'm not aware of any place to shoot out that way for a firearms. The DNR has a list of all the shooting ranges in the state. There is a club in Chaska/Victoria, but its completely private.