Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyepimp

Weather

1 post in this topic

Next week middle of the week I am coming up to westwind for the first time for summer fishing on the lake, I have been up there a couple of times in the winter. Just wondering if this cooler streak of weather is going to hurt my chances to catch myself some nice pike or walleye? ISNT ANYONE OUT THERE?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Bdeanpete
      I want to give an honest review of Steve and north county auto. He saw my post on here of a fisherman in need and offered his service. I looked around and could have taken my hub to get repaired at multiple places closer to me than Crystal, but decided to give another fisherman a try.    This was a perfect experience.  He was willing to meet me outside of normal business hours to accommodate my schedule. The stitch up appears totally solid (double stitched) and Steve even warranteed the repair. The price was more than fair and he's a nice guy to boot.    I'd definitely recommend this place if you're in need of canvas repair. He does a bunch of other things for the open water fisherman as well.    My apologies if this somehow violates any rules on the forum (I never looked) but my experience was a good one and wanted to pass it along. 
    • RainyRat
      We did not go all the way out this weekend so I can't say for sure where 'most' were fishing.  Since you can literally go anywhere, there were no real "concentrations" of houses that I saw.  Everyone was spread out real nice except I did see quite a few houses fishing in closer to Pine, near the snowmobile trail, based on the distance (maybe a mile or mile and a half out?) I would guess they were "shallow" and not out to the basin.  Distance can be tough to judge so this is my approximation.   Some friends road sleds WAY north and were surprised that shortly after they set up a suburban came from the south and fished near them.  Like I was saying people are spread out.   Adrian's road now only goes out 11.5 vs. the 16 miles they were out a week ago.   Good Luck!
    • loadmaster
      Hey Jim do you guide for pout on Cass Lake and North Bay????
    • mrpike1973
      Was on the boat Sunday got a little further past the 49 bridge. Is the 22 landing opening up at all? Anyone know how much ice is even out there? I would think we made a little.
    • bturck
      Great posts again this year.  Always interesting, looking forward to crappie reports