Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CatManLee

TRF Lions Fishing Derby Aug 18th...

6 posts in this topic

So who's fishing it? I'm geared up to fish it again this year, it's only the second year, but last year was fun with lots of entries so hopefuly this year will be just as good or better.

I'm almost positive I'll get skunked this year...It's just a feeling I have, but I guess I felt the same last year too and got a 3rd and 5th place prize in the "other and Northern" catagories, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Anyways, I hope to see some of you there.

Well, I didn't get skunked...I caught a butt-load of fish, just nothing big enough to make the board. frown.gif It was a great event once again and was a beautiful day to be on the water. Walleye and Northern had some nice weights, 7lbs+ Eye and a 15lb+ Pike took 1st in those divisions, but the "other" division was on the small side, just under 7lbs took 1st, wow...Water is low, but fishing was good.

Talk to ya'll later.

that was my cousin who won the walleye and the other category. I haven't been up there for years. kinda miss the area.

Yah, I don't know Greg, but I guess he knows this river like no one else...the exact words I heard were "It'll be tough to beat him"! 2-1st places, not bad!! I think I'm just gonna follow him around next year! grin.gif LOL

It just goes to show, if you spend enough time on a body of water, you can really get to know it well. I'm sure if I fished the river every weekend, I would learn alot in a year and become a very good local fisherman too.

I've been fishing with Greg since I was a kid and he is as good as it gets when it comes to the river.

I haven't fished the river since they redid the dam area and took out that island. I heard the current is pretty strong below the dam now.