Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Cahuna

Electronics

5 posts in this topic

I finally have the $$$ set aside to get a gps, fish finder etc. I've been looking all around and have heard the speel of many a potential saleman. I still do not know what works best. I've set aside @650.00 Can anyone share what they have or know what works within the financial wheelhouse?

Thanks!

I have Garmin but would probably go with Lawrance because they are compatable with more map chips. I would prabably buy at Reeds talk to Lee in there.

If you can find any Eagle 642c still around, we got ours at Gander for $512, great unit that we are very happy with. Best bang for the buck that we found. Compares to Lowrance units that cost $650 plus. But it is discontinued now, so maybe hard to find.

good luck,

lawrance owns eagle!!!

Gents,

Thanks for the info and thoughts. I wonder has anyone ever heard of a head to head contest that some neutral group might have conducted wherein they compared the products I.E. Lowrance vs Eagle, Vexilar vs Marcum etc. If anyone has any links to this kind of info let me know.

BC