Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott K

Recoil pads

8 posts in this topic

Im looking for a good recoil pad, that doesnt cost alot, what brand /model, and where to buy it?

Depending on what you think is not alot. I have a SIM and it's very good at taking the recoil off my shoulder. It's about $25- $35 depending on what gun it's for and where you get it from.

Agree with the SIM. Gander or Sportsman's Wharehouse carries them. I have one on my turkey gun and don't even get bruises from shooting it anymore!

My dad was complaining about his Muzzleloader kicking and it being so short. He has LONG arms and is a big guy so I got him the slip on one and he loves it. Can't even feel it kick no more plus it did add length. If you have longer arms and the gun seems short get a slip on if not get the screw in one.

$25 -35 would be max I want to spend on one. If sim is the best you guys think I can get for that money, thats what I will get. It will be for a remington 30-06. I just had surgery on my shoulder, and I will need something that will soften the blow a bit for me.

The good fitted SIM may be a bit more than that, but they are worth it. If it is temporary, till your shoulder gets better, the slip on ones may be a little cheaper.

Course this may be a good time to convince your wife you need a new .243? Just thinking out loud...

My wife has a .243, and she hunts with me. I have tried to talk her into using the 30-06, and letting me shoot the .243, but that was a no go. Although if I put a pad on it it may soften it up enough for her to shoot it, then I can use the .243, either way if I get the pad, if she doesnt shoot it, it should soften the blow enough for me. And I may just like the pad on their for next year also.

I think you can get reduced recoil loads for the '06. Might be worth considering in addition to, or in lieu of, the recoil pad.