Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
goman

anyone know about stoger modle 2000

goman

im thinking about getting a stoger modle 2000 has any body ever herd about them and know if its a good gun? thankyou

HateHumminbird

Goman:

Welcome to the forums and FishingMinnesota/HotspotOutdoors!

Regarding your question, if you use the search function towards the top of the page, and specifically search for "stoeger" or "M2000", you'll get plenty of good hits.

My experiences were initially fairly good, and now are mixed. For the first year or two, I had used it mostly for slug hunting, and until year two, it had performed flawlessly. During a deer drive, and then while stand hunting, the gun failed to cycle a new shell into the chamber after the first shot.

That same fall and into spring, I realized the vent. rib barrel was slightly bent, and causing the gun to pattern about 6" to the left at 40 yards.

The saving grace of the gun and Stoeger in general, is that they've been a dream to work with. I sent in the gun, and a few short weeks later, they replaced the barrel, as well as worked with the action to prevent jamming and the cycling problem.

The good news, if you're interested in the M2000, is that my bad experiences seem to be the exception to the rule. That, and their customer service and fixing of the firearms seemed great.

We'll see if it continues to be a problem, but from what I've tested thus far, I believe I'll own it for a very long time.

Joel

goman

thank you for the information i think im going to buy the gun.

Borch

I've had great results with my M2000 thus far. I've had mine for 2 years now and can only recall one jam. In fact I was purposely not tearing the gun down to see how long it woulf take the enertia ssyem to malfuction between cleanings. I put a pile of rounds through it before I had that jam. My modifies choke that came with the gun would not screw in and Stoeger had a new one to me in 3 days. Good customer service.

harvey lee

I have bird hunted with a guy that owns one and he seems to be happy with it.

JustLOVEit

My brother-n-law bought one last year and he hasn't had a problem with it yet (wet,cold,jams,or dirty). We both hunt from bear, ducks, small games and deer. Thats the only one he uses everytime we go out and i haven't heard a complaint from him. My cousin also bought one too this summer so i guess we shall see cause they are rather pretty new guns. grin.gif

rattlem'up

bought mine bout a year ago and never had any problems with it. I like it better than my bps, my buddies franchi, and anyther buddies winchester super x

USPENAMC

getting mine out on friday to try it out for dove season ill report back with my findings

Benny

The Steoger is made by Banelli I believe, so it should be a great gun.

Benny

raymondk

I have been using one for the last 2 years the only problems that i have had with it is that it don't like the low shot shells I found out that 1 1/8 works the best i have shot 7/8 and 1 oz shooting clays where you don't need more shots but I was told the benellis are no different,

USPENAMC

tried my dads on saturday and personally i dont like the feel of it. is it a great gun yes did i like it no. i guess im so used to my old remingto 870 pump that i have used for my last 15 years or so. i still have mine on layaway im probably going to ask that they restock it and get the remington spr 453 ordered