• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So peguin asked it, Anyone know how the pits project is coming? And is it going to be called cascade Creek park? Just wondering if anyone has an update on the project.

ike

from what i can see from the road, they've taken down alot of trees on the strip of land that separates the north and south pit, but from the looks of it thats all they've done with it, i heard somewhere that the project was supposed to be finished by late summer of 08, according tho the projected drawing that was floating around these forums i'd say they got alot of work to get done in the next year!, i believe they were gonna name it "cascade lake park" dont quote me on that though

I believe it's about three years before that will be open, depending on how actively they are mining sand.(lets hope for big construction projects. grin.gif)They will be working on the beach area while the mining is going on.

here's some info. http://www.rochestermn.gov/departments/park/Construction/pdf/CASASCADE_LAKE_CONSTRUCTION-2007.pdf