Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Trouthunter

Storm

Trouthunter

Holey Cow! I was on the river when I heard the tornado sirens tonight!!! Never been in anything like that before!

Caught this beauty though

fishface.jpg

SCCO9803

you didn't happen to be skinny dipping w/ that group did you?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Bigfatbert
      Thanks for the reply JerkinLips...
    • sunniewally
      Man you can really see the standards of this site of have dropped.  A few years ago we were talking over $80-$100 Thorne Brothers Custom made Ice Rods.  Now a $9.99 dollar rod is the talk for the forum!   We need to bring back the Rich folks!  Finally getting smart!! 10.00 dollar rod will work just fine  
    • cookie129
      My no snow slow snow dance started off as rain? Guess I made a mistake and did a rain dance. Cleaning off the trucks last night I would say we got 3 inches far less then they predicted 9 to 11. The winds picked up last night and are howling right now. The snow was wet and heavy to start so I'm hoping its not blow in my landing to bad.
       Barny from Kellier is coming up today to do a little welding for us before we pull the house's off the shore line. Montana needs a hook re welded and the metal grade step repaired, Florida also need some work on the step.
       I got the radiator ordered for white Lightning aka Cheyanne. I'm hoping it arrives before Saturday and I can get Devon to install it while there here. We also have a lite bar for blue thunder that Devon gave me this summer. I noticed the wipers quit working on the red baron and we will have to check that out as there kinda important out there on the lake.
       Josh from Annandale is running a snowbear out there this year. He has a helper Travis that was out there yesterday guiding some customers. I talk to him briefly before the rain and snow started and he landed a 16 incher while I was talking to him, kinda curious how he did after that.
       I expect quite a few rentals will be working there way out on the lake starting Wednesday, my plans are to check my area one more time before I make the move onto the lake. I'm hoping to find 14 inches of ice the whole route so will see how that goes.
       I'm sure Buddy Hillmen will start dragging his road this morning if there's good visibility. He like to get that snow off asap to make the ice thicker on the road. Plus with a good wind a lot of it catches the air and its much less plowing.
       I know I have said it many times but it is one heck of a road and he takes a tremendous amount of pride in building it. Its a lot of work, a lot of ware and tare on the trucks, but I also enjoy being part of his operation.
       Crazy but I have heard and saw pics of a few. " More then 3" elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappies this  year. Deb and Jim did not fair to well sunday fishing. I think it was there first time on red lake. They did manage to get two in the time they fished and also missed a couple. They came off the lake before dark to be on the safe side.
       If you decide to come fish upper red lake in the near future please check in with the access resorts. With the snow cover they will have information Of any areas to avoid since they have all been checking condition daily. Remember common sense and if it does not look right it is probably not. Do not try and go to saved waypoints un tell we have weeks of ice making temps. Its just a fish. There's plenty of fishable ice that's average 10 inches. And the last Thing is remember as the old timer Dave told me" ITS A GRAND LAKE AND IT OWES US NOTHING!, NOTHING! City: waskish
      Remote Name: 209.191.208.74
      Date: 03/11/2003
      Time: 11:30:31 AM Upper_Red_Lake To all fishermen, If you spend 1/2 hour reading the past reports on here you should have all the knowledge you need to find those elusive crappies. Come and enjoy the lake , give every one plenty of room, Please bring your garbage home. Who ever left the 12 pack of empty bud cans I picked them up for you. Where do you think this garbage goes?I will tell you it ends up on the bottom of the lake or on shore so please take it home with you.This lake is pristine lets all keep it that way. THANKS COOKIE
    • leech~~
      I remember that video, pretty darn cool! 
    • leech~~
      Man you can really see the standards of this site of have dropped.  A few years ago we were talking over $80-$100 Thorne Brothers Custom made Ice Rods.  Now a $9.99 dollar rod is the talk for the forum!  We need to bring back the Rich folks!
    • slammer
      I think we should start a Go fund me for Cropduster to take his plane up and give us some pics. lol  He did it a few years ago but not lately.  Its pretty cool veiws from above when ice is forming.  I wonder if he is still lurking around here?
    • EyeChsr
      was out tonight, 6-8 in out from the dnr landing. wheelers and a couple perms out. still open water out in front of Peters resort on the south shore. It starts out a couple hundred yards from shore and runs to the north- northwest for a long ways. some of the spots that were open earlier this week have skimmed, be careful out there if you see different looking ice stop and check!!
    • JIvers
      Thanks for the report--about what I figured, which is why I stayed down here in Iowa this weekend. I am fairly optimistic about getting on the ice in southeast or south central Minnesota next weekend; whether I am on a lake around Faribault or Waseca, or one of my old backwater haunts on the Mississippi remains to be seen. Maybe Clear Lake, Iowa. Whatever I do I will post my results.
    • JerkinLips
      9-11am was best time both days.
    • littlebear
      If you are willing to go a little further into Canada, I would recommend Hollinshead Resort, a few hours north of Thunder Bay.  The resort is the only one on the lake, and in June offers excellent Walleye Fishing, as well as some dandy Northern Pike.  It's somewhere you can drive to as well.