Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

mofisherman

Hey Cliff thanks for the great job of guiding. We caught lots of Walleye after fishing with you. You guys have a great lake, very pretty and lots of fish. We had a great two weeks,,,will be back next year. Anybody looking for a great Walleye guide Cliff is your guy. Thanks again for an enjoyable expereince

Cliff Wagenbach

Thank you! smile.gif

Very glad that you had a good vacation on Vermilion!

Hope to see you again next year.

Cliff

SledNeck

Cliff, do you guide for bass? I know your specialy is walleye.

Cliff Wagenbach

SledNeck,

I do not guide for bass. Sorry!

There are some good bass guide out there though. E-mail me if you want a couple of names.

Doesn't sound like you really need one though! grin.gif

Cliff

SledNeck

I was just curious, because I was interested to hear what people from out of the area think of Vermilion as a bass lake...like how the fishing compares in their opinion. Cause I really think that (especially after this year) Vermilion might be one of the best smallmouth lakes in the midwest.

Im not saying Im above learning a few things. But I do well enough to stay busy catching big fish all day long being my own guide.

Mr. Pike1

Sled, I used to be a diehard walleye guy but am now what I could best describe as a multi-species angler. I go through cycles of fish of choice. The last 3-5 years I have really been intrigued by small mouth bass and slab crappies. I love the sporting fight on ultra light equipment. The two top waters I have fished for smallies are stretches of the Mississippi and the Big V. The last few years on Vermillion the bite has only gotten better and the size has improved as well. It is not uncommon to have 25-50 fish days on Vermillion and a good percent in the 17-19" class. The 20" plus fish are still a challange. But those 18 and 19ers will soon become the 20-22 inch trophies. My next trip I am going to use the topwater a bit more then I historically have on Vermillion. Locally I have been having great success on the smallies and largemorth on the Heddon topwater baits with a prop. It is great to see them explode on a top water.

Speaking of multi-species I have got into a few Musky on Vermillion the largest a bit over 50" mark and thick. Anyway on a local lake her by home I have been getting into Tiger Musky on topwaters. I had a 4 fish day recently on a glass calm day and am now getting hooked on the Tigers. They are a beautiful fish and talk about a topwater hit and a great battle. Wow !!!!

Anyway short answer in my opionion Vermillion is a world class smallmouth fishery. I think the crayfish infestastion on the East side combined with most small mouth being catch and release continues to improve the quantity and size. I love those bronz backs !!!!!

SledNeck

The 20 plus fish are out there. I found a few fishing dead water away from structure. I'd love to hammer them top water, but I feel its a waste of time when other things are catching them just fine. I would rather catch them with top water, dont get me wrong...but compared to other they just dont hit top water much at vermilion (compared with other methods)....Maybe they are programmed to hit crayfish or baits that have similar action.

I like fishing for monster pike topwater, probably my favorite type of fishing....as for muskies Id probably like them better if I could boat them consistanly as I do big pike. I grew up fishing walleyes too, and I suppose walleye fishing is better than sitting at home.