• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hwy 1 from Tettegouche to Vermilion

Next month I was planning to drive through Duluth to Hwy 1, and take that all the way up through Ely and to Lake Vermilion. I thought I read about road construction somewhere along the route. Is that true?

My wife has never been on the drive and I thought that she would really enjoy it.

There is a very long detour. It lasts maybe 30-40 minutes and is on loose gravel roads.

Threeball has it timed about the way I do. You're on the detour over half an hour, but it adds only about 20 minutes to the total route.

Great, thanks guys. It doesn't sound like the detour should affect the drive all that much. Out of curiosity, what town is the detour near?

It if stays where it is now, you'll hit it heading toward Ely when you get to Isabella. But if you're coming up a month from now, it's hard to tell if conditions will be exactly the same.