Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D-tangler

Upper and Lower Mission

4 posts in this topic

I am going to be up on lower mission this week and was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers as I have never been on the lake before and know nothing about it. What is worth fishing, what is not worth fishing, upper vs. lower, that kind of stuff. I am not looking for any specifics (unless you want to give them) but I will have my two young boys up there and it would be fun if we were able to catch a few fish. Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

The bass fishing has been just awesome up there. With Lindy rigs and redtails or sucker minnows we've seen some big largemouths caught over the last week. Try fishing 15-18 feet of water, you should enough action to keep the kids busy.

Jason Erlandson

Family was up there last week. Plenty of bass casting spinner baits in the weeds. Troll deep diving raps to catch pike (easy fishing). Slot for pike 24-36 must be returned to the water. Pan Fish everywhere, big ones deeper.

Marked most fish in 16 FOW +.

In laws have a place on upper and was there most of last week bass fishing, I stayed on upper the whole time, for the fact that I didn't need to go to lower....Most bass caught in deep water on the weedline, dropshot rig. If you're into panfish there are a ton of them as well, not much for walleyes but improving and a ton of northerns. Trolling spoons over the weeds will keep the kids happy.