Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chipes

Muskie Action

5 posts in this topic

Hitting tonka Wednesday after work to look for some muskies. First time out this year for the big guys. What bays have guys been getting follows in? Depth? You throwing bucktails and big crankbaits? Any live bait activity? Thanks for your thoughts.

Dead sea for me. I finally gave up on that lake.

I don't know that any one bay is better than another. The lake has great structure everywhere. I would stick to bays away from the pleasure boat traffic, your going on a weekday which will help a lot.

It's been tough for me this year. Not even a follow...

But you never know - I've heard small (bass sized) bucktails have brought up a few fish??? confused.gif

The following baits have put fish in the boat for me this year on Tonka: Cowgirls, Suicks, & Big + Tasty. It seems like the fish have been holding a little bit farther off the weedlines. Be sure to water release everything right now as Tonka is still up there in temps. A picture of a water release is just as neat as one out of the water.