Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcon

Green Lake Reports

21 posts in this topic

Anyone been out targeting Bass (particularly Smallies). I've been there a few times and really had great luck catching a ton on in shallow rocks. Is that still the case or has the bass fishing slowed a bit. Thanks laugh.gif

Last time I was out there was two weeks ago and I was getting them in 5-10 feet. hope to get out there this week. good luck

Last weekend we had much better luck deeper, more like 12-15'. Plastics...senkos, craw tubes, etc.

Anyone need a fishing partner? I've always wanted to try Green because I have never caught a smallie. However, the size of Green intimidates me. I have a 15 ft. boat with 25 hp motor so if anyone knows the lake and doesn't have a boat, shoot me an email. I'd like to get up there thursday or friday, now that the weather is finally cooling down a bit. bassangler@charter.net

X, don't let the size of Green intimidate you. There are accesses all around the lake, so watch the weather and choose. I fished that lake for 6 years in a 14 ft with 7.5 hp motor. Green Lake would be a great pick for getting your first smallie.

X...I agree w/ Bigfife completely. I live on the SW shore of the lake and only have a 16' boat w/ 15hp motor (glorified duck boat according to "friends"). Although there are days that I can't get the boat off the lift due to wind, if it was on the trailer there is ALWAYS a shore / launch that would be accessible AND comfortable. Would be your best bet lake for a first smallie...chances are it'd be quite a nice-sized one as well!

I fished a pro-am tourney out there on the 11th. The bite wasn't terribly great, but it was consistent throughout the day.

I'm not worried about the size of the lake vs the size of my boat. My problem is, where do I fish? That is the part that intimidates me when on a larger lake.

You can catch smallmouth ANYWHERE on that lake! There is obviously areas that are better than others but there is a lot of bass and a lot of good water. If its your first time, just look for the buoys, thats where rocks are and their will be enough fish to get you started. Just try it, dont be intimidated! I cant think of hardly anywhere on that lake that I havent at least seen smallmouth! Just stay away from like 3 fow and sand! wink.gif

You got GPS?? My email add. is in my profile. smile.gif

Weed edges? Rocks? Humps? Other?

We fished most of day until6:30 evening

Water temps down to 69 to 71 degrees

Lake was really wierd today,foggy in late afternoon,rain all day or drizzle,good size waves on west side

Was it worth it[yes]we would find singular or double fish in spots so really had to move around.

The color of the presentation was down to one working color for bass no other colors worked,tryed several. got several larger largemouth and smallmouth and a big northern.

For quite a while we did not see any boats out and other times two to a quarter,fun being out when its quiet.

Doing it again tommorrow and weather is now not supposed to improve.

Dr.Walleye

More than half the teams fishing the Dennys Bass tournament also caught Walleye on Sunday.

Most never fished any place but 3 to 5 feet of water that claimed these Walleyes.One guy got 3 walleyes.

We fished Saturday and than about 2 hours Sunday in waters from 5 to 20 and caught some nice bass and northerns.Bass from 5 to 9 feet deep and northerns about 15 to 20.Colors for bass were green and most other colors failed,northerns hit on white spinners.

Fishing around the rushes near Calhoun exit we caught some nice largemouth Bass in 2 to 5 feet.

Seth felder won for two weekends in a row with travis lohre doing second again.

Anyone hitting any crappies??

Any size to the Northerns you caught primetime49????

Yes they were pretty nice,caught them on a white spinner that i pulled on bottom instead of top.

really deep ,kept it off bottom just inches .Not at all the way you would expect to use one ,but a tactic I have had good luck with for big fish.

Was trying all kinds of stuff to try and get some bigger bass as am tired of these 2 and three quarter pound smallies.

Got the spinner from JB tackle the other day when I was Down and oredered a hundred fall harnesses,owner said to try it[Works just fine will be nice to see what sorts of bass stuff they put out.

Gonna get him up on first couple hot and stinky days to Games and West Norway.

These Walleye harnesses he made for me are the same ones I used to tie but my terrible eyesight keeps me from doing them anymore.Flat blue one side of blade and flat orange on other side.Started using them in 65 to colder waters a few years ago and love them.

They work better with leaches and fatheads and can get leaches thru October from Wisconsin when we go to races.

I caught some nice walleyes the other evening on lindys and crawlers in 22 fow!!! smile.gif It was the first time i been out in a while. Nice fish 16"-19" and they bit hard! Maybe a live bait bite coming on a little bit again. Nice to see. Just thought you may wanna know.

I'll be staying at a friends cabin on Green in a week and a half. How are the walleyes biting now? Smallies? Crappies? Can I expect things to get better by the time I get out there? Thanks!

I have only tried fishing for eyes lately. Fishing was good last Wed, Sat & Monday. I'll be going again in about a 1/2 hour to see if still good. My experiences have been that usually the eye bite stays good until around mid Oct and then will get slow for about a week and than pick up again usually after turnover. Good luck! Call ahead to to see if J's bait can get you some redtails for walleyes. Big river chubs really work good on those smallies.

Eyewarrior

YEAH WE GOT SOME CREEK AND BLUE CHUBS AND A FEW RED TAILS LEFT............ALONG WITH THE REGULAR BAIT.CALL 220-2248 IF NEED ANY MORE INFO.

THNX

looking forward to fall smallies.

Thanks guys