Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voyage North

Possible new fire restriction coming!

1 post in this topic

This is the email I just got from Tracy Richards at the Forest Service.

Hi, Between Aug. 9 and Aug. 12, we have had 7 fires, of which 3 were human caused. The Canadians have been having fires as well and current conditions have allowed for smoke from these fires to be visible from quite

a distance away. Please emphasize fire safety to your visitors as

conditions are at extreme. This is also a heads up that further fire restrictions are likely to be imposed in the next few days. Please prepare folks accordingly. We will get the word out as soon as we get official direction as to the extent of the restriction. An official news release will come out and entry point bulletin boards will be posted with the current information at that time as well. If questions, please call 218-365-7619.