• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

.22 shells for a 10/22

sportfish

I was woundering what .22 shells shoot the best out of rugers 10/22 ? I just bought a 10/22 with the target barel,and looking for advice on a good round thats not to spendy but groups good. I shot some cheep shells that shot so so. But its hard to keep it loaded with the 25 shot clip becuse it to much fun to blast off fast. I think I'll have to get the 50 shot clip..

Just wait until you upgrade to an AR-15...then' you'll find out what fun shooting is, you'll run through a couple hundred shells in few minutes .... grin.gif

Then you'll search the internet and find out you can do "bump shooting", there it goes another couple or three hundred shells down the barrel.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

im partial to CCI brand ammo for my rugers. i have an "in" so i can get cci stingers for wholesale price, so thats pretty much all i shoot. but as far as what shoots good, i would stick to higher quality stuff, even if your running hundreds of rounds through just blasting away, youll get less fouling and buildup in the action and barrel.

i had a 10-22 target the most expensive shells i found work the best traded it off on new 17 cal. way more accurate lot more expensive to shoot way more fun and shoot a lot farther

laugh.gifcool.gifsmile.gif ps try federal gold medal or cci velocitor grin.gif

Some of ya'all boys might want to read the manual that came with your 10-22 to learn what it has to say about shooting various "hot" .22 cartridges.

I think if you simply can't find a magazine large enough to hold all of what you want to blow up you might talk with a good gunsmith about converting your 10-22 to a belt fed model, water cooled.

Thank you and good night. confused.gif

whats the manual say? ive been shooting stingers for 16 years out of one of my rugers, never had one mechanical failure on it.

I seem to remember that it said something about" stingers "and other hot loads not being approved for use in the 10-22 Target. I guess if you've been shooting them thats okay for YOUR rifle. Why don't you check the Ruger site just for the heck of it. wink.gif

i guess im good there, i dont have a 10/22 factory target, just aftermarket barrels on 2 of my 3 rugers. good to know though.

Have been shooting CCI mini mag long rifle hollow points (cheaper in price and not a hot as stinger)for the last couple years in two Ruger 10/22. Before that I had intermittent jam problems with low price 500 round bricks of 22 shells. Sportsman's warehouse gun dept suggested these CCI shell to fix the 10/22 jam problems and I have not had any problems since switching to these shells.

I've had the same problem with my Ruger 10/22 jamming quite frequently shooting the cheaper brick .22 ammo from a couple different manufactures. I'll try running some of the better ammo through it and see if that does it for me. Thanks

I had some issues with some manafacturers and loads.

I settled in on American Eagle 40Gr hollowpoints.

Now it's BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM....

Load the next clip in and repeat!! Shoot all day if you

want, and it won't hurt ya in the wallet. You may want

to invest in those speed loaders where ya dump in the

loose rounds,then just turn the knob to load the clip.

The best round I've found for my ruger 10/22 has been Remington's Golden Bullet in hollow points. They're about mid priced and shoot well, and can usually find them in 325 round boxes. I swear by them!!! I know it's a reach, but I've knocked crows at 175 yards with the rounds.

CCI is the only way to go with Ruger's 10/22's. I have 2 of them just because i love the Ruger 10/22 and i've fought the best is the CCI stingers. Shoots the most accurate.

Didn't matter what I shot with my 10/22, still jammed alot. Now I shoot a marlin SQ880 bolt. I will admit though, when the ruger didn't jam, it was fun to shoot, hated reloading.

I'll second the Rem Gold hollowpoints, they've been the best for me out of my 10/22. But I think I'll try the CCI's now...just to see if I'm missing anything. Thanks.