Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
196thDLR

Does anyone fish Swan Lake near Pengilly?

9 posts in this topic

It seems, looking at the last couple of months of postings, that not much information concerning Swan Lake is available. Has anyone out there reading FM been on the lake recently? If you were, what were your results? I have not fished the lake for almost 3 years, but gas prices are forcing me to stay closer to home. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I use to fish it alot when i lived up there. I haven't heard anything recently, but I know they were doing good earlier this summer. My advice is simply this, wait till deer hunting season to head up there, in my opinion it's one of the best big pike lakes in the state

Thanks for the reply fish! Now I'm going to ask the question this way. Are there any LIVE human beings out there that have fished Swan in the last couple of months, if there are please respond. I am not asking for anyone to give away their honeyhole secrets. I am asking if you caught any walleyes you could put on the table and enjoy.

I wanted to respond just to let you know that someone is reading your plea. I don't fish the lake, but I have a cousin that bought a place there this past summer. I spoke with her husband, and he is having a hard time getting info out of people. From growing up in Hibbing, it was my understanding that the lake had nice walleyes and pike. Sorry I can't help you, but I look forward to someone chiming in.

I always see people fishing the long shoreline on the right when you head out from the boat landing. Then around the corner also.

2 weeks ago I heard that the fishing was slow,,,but seems walleye fishing is picking up on all area lakes this week.

Yes there are walleyes in Swan and they do bite. The weedline breaks have been producing walleyes all summer. try a small spinner and crawler / leech for another few weeks. They should be going back to minnows soon.

Thanks fellas'. The answers were what I was looking for. Again, Thank You.

I just talked to a buddy of mine and he's been doing ok, not tremendous. I won't give any specific spots, but most of his fish have been coming off the west shore in 16-24 fow on leeches. I'd also recomend trying off elephant rock this time of year. Also, the north shore can be good, but it's a very spotty bite. My main suggestion would be to follow the boats until you find out their daily pattern and then find your own fish?

Thanks Fish. Too bad Elephant Rock is no longer such a prominent landmark on the lake. There are many landmarks along the lakeshore that are no longer there. The old red screen house, the smiley face, the East landing tree house are gone. Also gone is the friendliness of the property owners. Do not fish too close to their dock, you might catch one of THEIR fish. Thanks again fish.