Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waterflea

Wild boar hunt outfitters?

6 posts in this topic

A buddy and I would like to go on a long weekend type of wild boar bowhunt. Our time is restricted to just a few days in a row so a guide/outfitter is needed.

Can anyone recommend a reliable outfitter?

What area of the country are you looking at going to?

Texas has a ton of hogs, that is where we have gone the past 5 years for our hog hunts.

There's a hog outfit over in the U.P. of Michigan in Negaunee called "Bear Mountain". They specialize in Russian Boars.

I'm willing to get on a plane and fly. Which company in texas have you been to?

The three I have been to are arrowhead outfitters, Krooked River Ranch, and Stanfield Hunting Outfitters. We had good luck with Arrowhead Outfitters but he got really expensive, I think his price is around 1000 for a hunt. Stanfield is cheap but if you see a pig you better shoot it because you probably won't see another.

Krooked River Ranch is by far the best place we have been. They have a lot of pigs, manage them very well and their guides work their butts off to make sure you get the chance at getting pigs. But I think they only hunt them from Feb - April. Right now I think they are getting ready for the deer season and once that starts that is all they do until deer season is over.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check them out.