• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Out of Izaty's Thur 16th - Sunday 19th w/ work crew - Eyes ?? Smallies??

Roadhunter

I have never fished the South end of Millacs before for Eyes or Smallies.. My time has been on North end by Wealthwood / Red Door & mainly early in the year.

Anyway - I'm not looking for any secrets - just a little info if possible.

I will be fishing with some co-workers from out of state and thought that I should drag my boat & poles up and see if anyone wanted to wet a line; post compact meetings.

Day Time fishing (I believe) will be our only option.

I really do not know if the Walleyes are bitting at all ( and if crawlers on spinners is the best option ) or if we should look for some Smallie's on live bait or cranks.

If walleyes are biting and the slot is an issue - That would not be an issue for us; as catching would be a priority and keeping not an issue.

I'm sure a few from MO and futher South have never had a Walleye on their line.

No Secrets needed - But I would accept a few helpful suggestions if any body has a direction or any past weekend experiences.

Thanks in advance - - -

You have a enought time the fishin has been slow but still catching fish. Spinners and crawlers gold hammered blades been workin for me and trolling shad raps with bottom bouncers in 20-30 fow all my fish been caught during the day just had to work for the fish I caught. I Don't bobber fish just troll but i'm sure you can catch both walleyes and smallies under a bobber with Leech's on some of the rock piles.

The walleye bite has definitly slowed the past couple of weeks but you can still get a few. Like stated in the last post, some of the rock piles on the south end are a good bet for both. Slip bobbers with a small jig or plain hook and a leech. You'll find some perch in the same areas. I'd fish shallow for the smallies and fall deeper for the perch and 'eyes, although you'll get a mix in certain depths at certain times. The south end can be great.

Gentlemen - Thanks for your info. I will get 2 or 3 poles set for each and be ready to go. I'll put lighted bobbers on just in case we have the opportunity to fish at dark.

Thanks again