Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surewood

LLWS

11 posts in this topic

Nice to see Coon Rapids little leaguers on a run for the LLWS. Twins who? Go Coon Rapids!

coon rapids sure can hit the ball!

Great game today, yes we do have a real team to watch in the play offs. Go Coon Rapids. cool.gif

We'll see how they do against the big dogs but it was definitly a nice change yesterday seeing a Minnesota team heading to the Series.

Are these teams made up of "all stars"? When I played little league in Coon Rapids there was a National League and an American League. Each group of teams played at different parks.

yup, Coon Rapids in fact now has 3 Little Leagues, National, American, and Central. National has been to the regional in Indy every year but one since 2002. They are all star teams but only within their own leagues. In fact National played American to make it to the state tourney.

All little league ball has been this way for - long time. The teams that make it that far are not your neighborhood boys playing, they are a conglomeration of "all stars" to make a team worth contending for something like this. I played on a team in regionals a long time ago, and knew like 3 people on the team.

Anyone catch their game last night?? What a way to end the game, HR in the bottom of the 6th. They now play the team from Arizona which should be a good match-up

The pitcher had a great game.

the other pitcher had a great game too but made one more mistake the coon rapids guy did. that was a great game though.

i hope they can pull it off. It was be cool to see the home town kids winner