Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goman

I need birds

12 posts in this topic

I need birds for training.My pointer is bumping birds insted of pointing them.Can anyone help me.

What kind of birds are you looking for? Where are you located?

Pigeons or quail. pheasents or chucker if i can get them cheap. East Central MN

I can't help you there, I live in west central MN but I am sure someone on here can direct you somewhere.

One thing you could try is call a kennel/dog trainer in your area and see where they get their birds from or if they know of anywhere to get them cheap.

East central as in the metro or s cloud or confused.gif ? If you are more specific someone will be able to help.

CW

I live in the Chisago Lakes Area, am looking for strong flying birds for training.Thanks for your replies up to this point,and for any help here after.

Oakwood Game Farms in Princeton has some good birds. I have bought both Chukars and pheasants from them. I believe they only have pheasants right now.

Oakwood is not open Saturdays and is the closest.

Make sure you call them and they will explain how

to transport them home. You don't want them all beat

up when you get home.

GOMAN,

I am also from the Chisago Area. Do you train on your own or with a group? I have a young pointer that I also am going to start working with.

Otts

I train alone. If you woulde like to train together we can probably work something out

I hunt pheasant,grouse,duck and goose.I have a eight year old Visla I use for grouse.My one and a half year old,verein Deutsch Drahthaar I use for pheasants,ducks,goose.OTTS I didnt get your e-mail.By the way I found birds at Grams Gamefarm in Mora,good people good prices,very helpfull