• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Sandy fishing

I have been looking for cabins on Big Sandy for a couple of years and decided to buy one which is in Goffs Bay just wondering what kind of fish are in this area; any good pike or walleye? Or do I need to go in other areas of Big Sandy for good fish. What parts of Big Sandy should i fish. I am new to this lake i have never fished it any tips will help.

Keep scrolling down on this site...There are lots of reports about BS, when, where and what to use.

The narrows is a good place between Geoffs & Maxwell.

Pike & eyes hang there.Come winter some jumbo perch & slabs can be found there.

where exactly is the narrows by maxwell? what should i use for the pike...does spoons or daredevels work thats what i usually fish with for pike...any good panfish around or bass i know this isnt a good bass lake but i love to catch them

It's the water that goes between the 2 bays.It really pinches down by W.Floe's island.

If you like fishing for pike, you will love this lake. They can be found just about anywhere close to the weeds. I use Johnson silver minnows and orange rapalas. There hasn't been a time I went out and havn't caught a pike and I don't fish for em. They would hit my orange bobber when I was reeling it in. Big lures mean bigger fish. You will catch alot of little ones but there are big ones in the lake. I've only caught two, 6lbs and 8lbs. Caught the 8lbs on a fathead. This is my first summer at eagle point campground. Fish shallow, 3-6 feet maybe a little deeper on hot days. Always use red hooks or bright lures as the water is really stained. Aktin Lake (which is connected) is where you will find bass and panfish, alot of them too.