Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shefland

Fish Kill!

6 posts in this topic

Just returned from a afternoon cruise on Leech, many many dead whitefish, too many days of 75 to 82 degree water days, happens every once in a while, lack of 02 and cool water for this fish family.

Dave, have you noticed if these die-offs that occur this time of year effected your fishing? I like to night fish this time of year and the kick-off for my best fishing usually coincides with stories of die-offs on the big lakes.

Last night I was out trolling open-water with my kids and all the life I seen on the flasher was in a tight band from 22-24ft., some of the schools were huge, I pictured it like a hundred yard pancake of baitfish.

Can't say if I do or not? I'll have to take notice, I love pulling cranks at night this time of year, cooler and it is very productive, I troll shallower bars and flats so do not see much on the electronics but they are there! So far no dead tullibies just whitefish, I imagine they are next.

Dave, Saw you do a fly by on Hardwood, tried to run to the dock to catch you for a beverage but you were gone. That was some kind of wind on Friday night, got a little scary. Fishing was really good, pulling crankbaits between goose and hardwood. Dale B.

Hey Shef, give me a call tomorrow at barn 5-tuesday Goodwin

Wasn't the musky rampage happening when there was a big tullibee die off? At least all the tullibees and whitefish haven't been killed because you see it ever year. And I thought last year was pretty bad....