Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nightcrawler

long lake

9 posts in this topic

in the heat of the day ,11:30 to 3:30,90,s N_W wind 15 to 20, 12-13 ft water weeds ,10 walleyes 15-18 ins.

How were you fishing them ?

nightcrawler, kind of speed trolling with the electric troller about 7 on a full charged batt.

seems like the sunfish attack the crawlers out there.

Quote:

seems like the sunfish attack the crawlers out there.

Gotta try to stay below them buggers grin.gif

Let me guess, 1/4 ounce wieght, a lindy with a plain hook, and a fat crawler. No suprise there. If you are catching sunnies there usually is walleyes near by, but they can be overwhelming at times. With this heat you would think that the walleyes would be deep but that has not been the case for you this year crawler. Can't beleive it, its August and you still have the boat out, won't be long and you will have to put it away to bowhunt.

gerry ,

who let you out of your cage?

correct on the sunnys,does a fisherperson take only a doz.of the best with him?

I figered the the speed over the 4-5 ft weeds in 12 ft water kept me just above the weeds , trigered the eyes and out of the sunnys in the deeper weeds. hows that'''

would have caught move eyes if reel didn"t catch up and feed faster. Kids don't buy dads new reels do they?

gerry order sight yet?.

Yep, I ordered the site's tonight. Hopefully be here by the end of the week. I got them for cheaper than what you gave me, but I am your son so you owe me. Its funny that everybody is talking about night trolling Long, but it seems that the best time is when it is busy and to get in the weeds.

Long has been funny the last few years, we catch most of our walleyes of not all between 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. trick is to use heavier wieghts, get past he sunnies, and they are shollow. Thats a nioce new spot you found there Dad. I will be up nex weekend to hopefully catch a few. If they are not biting at Long we will go the the better lake. grin.gif