Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cabinsearcher

Any ideas of where to fish near Rochester, MN???

1 post in this topic

UBB28-ML-1129447-ML-

Moved to Rochester MN Forum.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Jim Uran
      What's your fish of choice to pursue? A weekday fish you could find after work are crappies, the basin bite on your local lake/lakes could make for a fun night bite. Panfish in general are fun to chase anytime, northerns are fun to target too but that's more of a weekend thing until we start gaining more daylight. Walleyes are punks to me and I've never been patient enough to target them unless I'm on LOW or Upper Red lol. 
    • monstermoose78
      Wow nice fish
    • MidCoast
      How do you even get on this lake to ice fish?  Seems to be surrounded by Private land. 
    • ZachD
      Well Friday was a little slow picked up some nice gills here and there no crappies. Sat morning picked up a couple 10 inch gills and a couple more for the bucket here and there. Sat night 930 the crappies came through I caught 17 biggest was 12. Sunday picked a few more gills up for the bucket before heading off to a different lake for walleye. again fish wanted nothing to do with minnows only caught one with them. All other fish caught on a tungsten orange and green glow tipped with only a wax worm.   we were in 12 fow the sunfish were 2 off the bottom crappie cruising 4 off bottom Side note tried walleye tonight missed 3 of them! Now I remember why I don't walleye fish much stupid things
    • Big-B
      I had the showdown as a hole hopping sonar but found I used my LX5 a lot more.  I went to the 7 and did not like it because it was bulky and hard to get used to both hopping holes and room inside one man Frabile.  Sold the 7 and bought another LX5 and do not see me going back to any other.  I have a wheel house and found is the only time I used the 7.  If you do a lot of fishing outside and like to move around.  I would stick with the 5, I now own two of them and don't see me using anything else.