Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedDog3

Fox Lake - Rice County

7 posts in this topic

Anyone fish this lake at all? I took the dog out for a cruise on this lake last week, but couldn't fish because he likes to chase the lures, jump out of the boat and sit on my rods. Seems like a nice lake though, just wondering if there are any fish in there?

Thanks

Bullheads, sheepshead SMALL sunnies, bass are not bad, try the very north end by the turtle traps. Watch out for the VERY shallow pennisula under water there. Fox is basically a circle and on the north end there's a marshy part. Right when you are crossing out of the "circle" into the marshy part, it gets shallow.

There are a couple walleye in it. NOT MUCH, best for those guys in winter (thats when I have my luck). I have tried to throw eveything at them in summer, differant hours, nothing. Crawlers, leeches, minnows, trolling, cant tell ya how to summer fish them, If you find out, PM me the secret!

Goodluck!

Chris

differant fox otter. this one is just a small puddle by the cities.

Oh, I see. Thanks.

Quote:

Bullheads, sheepshead SMALL sunnies, bass are not bad, try the very north end by the turtle traps. Watch out for the VERY shallow pennisula under water there. Fox is basically a circle and on the north end there's a marshy part. Right when you are crossing out of the "circle" into the marshy part, it gets shallow.

There are a couple walleye in it. NOT MUCH, best for those guys in winter (thats when I have my luck). I have tried to throw eveything at them in summer, differant hours, nothing. Crawlers, leeches, minnows, trolling, cant tell ya how to summer fish them, If you find out, PM me the secret!

Goodluck!

Chris

Thanks for the reply... I figured there is not much for fish, but I'd like to get my hands on a bass or two for fun, until I can get up north again. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks

Fox is at its best when the water levels are high or at least normal. Spring is the only time I really fish it. I have experienced good fishing only during high water levels.

Otherwise during the Summer months its mostly small pannies and tiny bass.