• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twins run support

Trainman

Is anyone else tired of watching these 1-0 Twin's losses? Garza is 1-3 with a sub 2.0 ERA as a starting pitcher. Apparently the M&M boy's weren't in the mood to play ball today.

It is dam sickening, that is for sure. Seems to me like the bats have gone silent since the Castillo trade. Coincidence? They have missed a ton of chances. If they were playing decent ball this second half, we could be inches from first place. Instead they have spun their wheels, dumped salary and taken parts away from their lineup. One bright spot is the pitching, man it has been pretty good lately.

Bat Mauer leadoff. That is where he belongs right now in this lineup. He provides zero punch and rarely hits in the clutch, yet is phenomenal at getting on base.

Mauer

Bartlett

Morneau

Cuddyer

Hunter

Kubel

White

L-Rod

Casilla

Garza would be undefeated on any other team. And Johan would be leading the league with wins.

they are just plain painful to watch right now. so painful that last week when I was in town I passed on going to a game that my wife asked me about going to. The starting pitching since all star break has been stronger than anyone would have expected yet the offense scores all their runs for the entire week in one game and then takes the rest of the week off. just painful

Yes it is disappointing especially tonight getting beat by KC 1-0. Feel bad for the starting pitchers that have to go out there and pitch great only giving up one run and taking the loss.

I lived in KC for awhile- they aren't that bad of a team, I am a Twins fan through and through, but give the Royals some credit, and I think we will all agree on this- they will finish ahead of the ChiSox in the division this year grin.gif

Dont forget about Silva too, he has been pitching well. I think the twins have been shut out 11 times this year and 6 of them has been when he pitches.

KC is better this year, but even so, it seems like our offense is up and down. Maybe after yesterday the offense will go back on an up swing. Its going to need to stay up to have any shot at the playoffs though.

I agree with all stated above in regards to the hitters for the Twins. They are as cold as it gets as a team. I sometime think we expect the Twins to do what they did last year and that may never happen again in baseball period.

Still, there bats are very silent. Its a bad deal for the pitchers as thier personal records with a good hitting team would be much better.

This has to be the most embarrassing team to watch this year out of every team in MLB. They have been shoutout 11 times this year, I don't know who hold the record but I bet they break it this year. I dont know how 1/2 these players can even call themselves MLB players, some of them don't even belong in the major's...

Not too sure about that Wild! I'm in the middle of eating a big ole crap sandwich here on the south side of the Windy City this baseball season. I guess misery loves company though, I feel your pain.

Don't let the Cubbie logo fool you, I bleed Silver and Black, I had to pay off a bet with Gene Gene the Cubbie Loving Machine by posting this avitar for a week.

Windy

That post was out of frustration.. I know your a Sox fan and they have had a sub-par season also, so I feel your pain also. Talking about the south side, I'm going to be out there for the series against the Red Sox Aug 24th and 25th, should be a good time.

Im not going to jump ship, I am a fan! I will watch them win, or loose. I will watch them less, but there is alot of teams out there that would like to have our team. They cant win them all, if wining was that easy every team would do it, although only half can win smirk.gif. It gets frustraiting at times, but this is MN, I am used to it mad.gif. There is still alot of baseball left this year, they do have a chance, and there are alot of young talent on this team, so they will be good for awhile, not great, but good. I will be with them and watching them.

I also love watching the team win or lose. I watch every day and I hate to miss a game. That being said, it is too bad that we are missing out on these AWESOME pitching performances with ZERO hitting.

The Twins will have one of the best rotations next season, but How many 1-0 2-1 3-2 games will we lose without another bat?

Give me the '83 team anytime - when an 8-0 lead wasn't safe due to the horrid state of the pitching staff. But on the other hand, being behind 4-0 wasn't a big deal, they could hit their way out of it.

Even two years ago, the offense had the get-up-and-go to never give up. Seems these Twins get down by 2 or 3 & it's game over. I don't think it's lack of willpower, it's too many Kubels and Puntos & rookies in the lineup. The middle of the lineup goes cold & there's nobody to pick up the slack.

What happened to the folks who insisted the Twins didn't need another bat in their lineup a couple of weeks ago? I miss them. tongue.gif

Wild,

It's all good, man. Have a good time here in the Windy man. Let me know if you need some good hot spot recommendations on restaurants, clubs etc and I will hook you up. My beloved Pale Hose are kind of like car wreck. You know you should not look at it but you just can't help yourself. I seem to find myself always flipping on to watch, night in and night out.

Windy

Quote:

What happened to the folks who insisted the Twins didn't need another bat in their lineup a couple of weeks ago?

I know you along with the rest of us are frustated but not one person let alone the many you have suggested said that...... just about every team and Especially the Twins are in need of a bat.

Things are so bad I'm not even sure Arod would make much of a difference in our line up right now.

I'll take good pitching over offense all day every day.

Embarassing I think not! grin.gif IMO were are along with the Angles the CLASS organizations of MLB.

Thanks for the help finding places to go but I have a girlfriend who lives in Elgin and she is pretty good at finding great resturants and clubs to go to. Whenever I am out there I tend to get in trouble. I am looking forward to that series, still a few weeks away..

Actually the girlfriend got us kicked out of Blackjacks, place was kind of a dump anyway. She got to touchy feely with the women amd said a few things she shouldn't of. And the boat tends to take all my money when I go there, I have never walked out of there with money.

Right with you Geno, got to hit the boat if you're in Elgin. They have a pretty good Mexican restaurant just down the street from the boat, can't remember the name but it was pretty decent.

Windy

Interesting stat I heard... Since the All Star break, the Twins have scored the least amount of runs in the whole league. BUT, they have the best ERA!!! ooo.gif Well, at least Terry Ryan has stuck to his guns, if only he could make a San Fran type trade for some bats somewhere.

What runs-no run support. I have seen dry spells over the years but they were unreal tonight. White batting 132, wow.

Kind of unusual to have a entire team in a slump for such a long time. They are wasting a golden chance to make up ground here. Only good thing is that no one in the division is exactly tearing it up.

going into the season, the starting pitching was the big question mark, loosing radke and lirano.

this team may have to look at there hitting coach.

Not much else to say. Silva throws a gem and gets screwed. The funny thing is, its beginning to feel normal...

Quote:

going into the season, the starting pitching was the big question mark, loosing radke and lirano.

this team may have to look at there hitting coach.

Here is the bio of their hitting coach from wikipedia

Joseph Alan Vavra (b. November 16, 1959 in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin) is a Major League Baseball hitting coach for the Minnesota Twins.

Vavra was selected by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 1982 amateur player draft out of the University of Wisconsin-Stout. He played five years in the Dodger farm system making it to the AAA level in 1986. He failed to make it to the major leagues

Vavra coached in the Dodger's minor league system for ten years before becoming the permanent bunting and baserunning coach.[1]

Where is Paul Molitor?? Rod Carew??? Why cant one of these guys become our hitting coach??