Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony Holland

Minnetonka - Greys Bay Wednesday Night

6 posts in this topic

Just a note to the 2 boys who decided to park their truck and trailers in water on the boat ramp taking up 2 spots out of the 3....park turn lights off and talk for 5 mins while we had at least 5 boats waiting to load to ...."use your head" I had to finally yell up at them to quit talking and load your boat! Anyway sorry about venting but i do not expect this out of fishermen. Load your boat and talk all night i don’t care. 1 of the boats had a competing fishing website logo across the side of this sparkly boat. UpNorthOutdoors should be ashamed.

There is no such thing as common courtesy at the boat launch, or anywhere else that for that matter. frown.gif

It was me!! Whatcha gonna do about it? laugh.gif

we'll on a positive note. Tonight at the Cooks bay access in mound I docked the boat just as another one was pulling up. They pulled up and dropped a guy off and since i was letting my dog pee from being on the boat for a while, i thought they'd rush to beat me to the access and land. Unfortunately the guy took his time and while i loaded the dog up he casually waited on me. i was so shocked i actually waited myself to see if he was gonna pull out and cut me off, but! for the shocker i pulled out and landed my boat while he slowly pulled up and waited his line in turn. Im not saying this is a huge deal but it is in a way. It nice to see respect, especially when the kid was around the same age as me, 24.

Oh, also last saterday while landing i had a guy jump out of his boat and get my boat winch ready for me while trying to land with 15-25 mph winds gusted into shore. great guy.

then a few weeks ago i pulled up with the trailer to land, being second in line i casually waited while the person in front was putting in their boat(30'+). Well after the boat had slid off the trailer, the person backing the truck in decided he would practice backing his trailer in till absolutely perfect, WHILE I SAT WAITING!!! Well after waiting a good 5 minutes the kid driving got out of his truck and started playing in the water!!!! (Contact Us Please)!!! Seeing this my blood started to boil, i got out and leaned up against my hood and crossed my arms. the kid looks up several minutes later and asked, are you waiting to land!!!??? Once again (Contact Us Please)!!!??? My boat was shored up 15' away from him!!! and i was the only other person there!! DUH!, of course its my boat. Now this makes me think, what a dueche bag!! he then finally proceed to get out of my way.

People can make you wonder sometimes.

Sounds like the same people i was waiting on Wednesday night. One truck had his lights and engine off. I guess he must have been planning to stay for a while. I was just about to honk the horn when one of the guys woke up and realized he had a line of empty trailers waiting on him. I would guess that it wasnt intentional, maybe a senior moment..? confused.gif

Hey Tony~ I think I was waiting right there with you that night. Real boneheads! smirk.gif