Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gurkster

Farm and Garden Lake at Moose Track Resort

4 posts in this topic

We are headed up to Moose Track Resort on Farm Lake. I am wondering what to expect and bring fishing. It sounds like Farm and Garden Lake are part of a chain up there. I will be with small kids, so I am looking for it all. Panfish for the kids and smallies and walleye for me. Getting a few larger pike would also be fun. I am wondering if others have fished the lakes and what to expect this time of year. Thanks for all replies!

We didn't get a chance for a week vac this year up there frown.gif

We use to spend a week in July at Timbertrail lodge.

There is a hump/reef on farm that is good for Walleyes and Smallies. Leeches used with tiny glow jigs under slip bobbers work in 6-12 ft early am and before dark.

Troll shad raps in this area also. Colors Perch, firetiger, clown, gold.

Post your results when you come back!!!

Thanks for the info rodmaker. I found the hump you were talking about. Fishing was slow for me. Overall leeches with a slip bobber did the best for me. Highlights were a 31" Northern, 15" smallie, and the kids and I got into some 8"-9" sunnies. Walleyes were few and far between and in the 10"-12" range for us. My buddy also did get a very nice crappie. A very mixed bag with low numbers of each, but we managed a few, and like I said the kids got theirs so that was good. FYI - Most all of our fish were off of the islands in 6' fow or less.

If you can next year , go up there in July, anytime after the 4th. The hump always produces out there. You will catch plenty of eyes and bigger smallies. last year trolling cranks , I caught and released a 22" Smallie. Graphite replica is going to get done on this. I'll probably send in the photo this Winter. Waiting to see if i can pull a 30" this Fall trolling cranks.

One last thought. If you get a chance, contact Bill at Timbertrail. They catch some of the biggest walleyes in Fall trolling cranks. They have a guide that works with their resort. grin.gif