Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
driftin

Lookin for walleye

3 posts in this topic

Coming up to Chippewa Lodge on Leech's Southeast side Aug 11-18th. Wondering how the bite is ... what's working, colors, what time of day. Maybe even other area lakes, seen some stuff about Woman on here. Is the night bite still on there. Any info would be appreciated, don't worry I won't catch 'em all. I've got an older Crestliner (grey) with a 90 hp Yamaha, if U see me don't be afraid to say Hi. Thanks

Spent the last week in the area, found a few walleyes and norderns in the evening along the east shore trolling plugs. Also got some on the east side of Bear Island during the day on plugs when it was windy. There is a shallow flat that is located right in front of Chippewa that is good for eyes at nite too. I like to use plugs cause the crayfish get all over bait this time of year.

Thanks for the help Bad Moon, I forgot to add, I'd read about gill nets up there. I've never been on a lake with gill nets, are they well marked, where abouts are they on the lake, or are they nothing to worry about.