Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
chrisduc

Anchors keep slipping

chrisduc

Hello all, just wondering if you guys have any tips or tricks to help your anchors hold better. I was on a nice bite last weekend and kept slipping off my spot (I hate that). Any ideas?

french_lake_kid

I used tohave the same problem. I've heard of a few tricks, try more than 1 anchor.(thats kinda obvious) Adding 4' or so of chain from the anchor to the rope. Then letting out way more rope than you think you would need. It also helps to stay sitting and not rock the boat as much as possible. & for what ever reason to try using thicker diameter rope. wink.gif Hope this helps, welcome to FM. smile.gif

jigginjerk

4 foot of chain from anchor to rope then twice as much rope as depth of water you are in.

tunrevir

Yep, try playing out three times the depth to get your anchor to bit, two anchors are better then one and a sand point type anchor with 3-4' of chain might give you the bite you need as well. Move upwind of the spot you want to fish drop the anchor aqnd backtroll with the appropriate length of rope and it should bite if it is a sand or muck bottom. If you are in the rocks then you will have a harder time getting an anchor to bite and when it does you may have an even harder time trying to get it up. Hope this helps!

Tunrevir~

kslipsinker

I would let out at least three times the depth to hold. You can use a second anchor if you want to stay still.

chrisduc

Thanks a lot guys, all good advice. Most of them I have tried but some great ideas here. A friend tipped me onto a new product that just came out. I ordered one and after I get a chance to use it I will post how it works. Thanks a lot guys!

Nelson380

Do a google search for a product called Drop-n-Stay. It's a new product but so simple and inexpensive you could almost kick yourself for not thinking of it on your own. I just got one and it worked well in high-winds and big water last week on Winnebago.

hanson

What kind of anchor have you been using?

The previous tips will definitely help but if you are trying to hold an 18' deep V with a 10lb mushroom anchor, you'll be back here after your next trip complaining that we are full of crap. smile.gif

I'm a part of the heavier is better crowd. 25lb Richter Anchor and you won't go anywhere. Heavy Navy or River anchors work pretty well too.

Farley

Anchor so the bow of the boat is pointing directly into the wind by tying off your anchor either to the eyelet on the front or put a cleat up there. If you tie off on the side of the boat you'll always have problems in the wind.

chrisduc

That is the product I had ordered. The video on their website sold me on it. Looking forward to giving it a try. I will let you all know how it works.

CanOCorn

Nelson,

How dare you post about the "Drop-n-Stay". What if they are not a sponsor?!?! How dare you post good sound advice without checking the sponsor list first!!! I am sure your post will be edited or deleted.

Northlander

Nothing wrong with giving good info about good products. Its when people give out contact info that it can be a issue.

Looks like a nice product. We have been using "Shocker cords" on anchors for years but I havent seen a at the boat system before.

wall_eye_assasin

Hey corn cob, How dare you jump on someone all you have to do is say that informing individuals about a certain product might be against policy. No need for your comments, if you can't say something nice dont say it on here.

efgh

I think he was just joking.

cold one sd

Quote:

I think he was just joking.

Me too. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifblush.gif

Shack

Quote:

I'm a part of the heavier is better crowd. 25lb Richter Anchor and you won't go anywhere.

I bought one this spring and I love it. On the river, you can control boat movement down stream with them. I also have got it hung up on some pretty tough logs/rocks and it came out right away (move up stream and she pops out). I am buying another one for this spring! smile.gif

Scott K

Quote:

Quote:

I'm a part of the heavier is better crowd. 25lb Richter Anchor and you won't go anywhere.

I bought one this spring and I love it. On the river, you can control boat movement down stream with them. I also have got it hung up on some pretty tough logs/rocks and it came out right away (move up stream and she pops out). I am buying another one for this spring! smile.gif

These are awsome anchors, I have had my stuck in several times, with little work it has came out evertime, and it holds really well, 25#.

Team_Ice_Heave

I switched to a WaterSpike this year and it holds well also. Lightweight, stores flat.

chrisduc

Well, I got the Drop-n-stays I had ordered. Had a good wind today and was able to give them a try. Here is my evaluation: Fast, easy to use, definately made a noticable difference. I give them a 9 out of ten. I could not believe how much nicer the ride was in rough water. Tried with and without to see how the anchors would hold and I can honestly say I did not slip at all with them on and I did slip every so often wihtout it. I thought it used a bungee cord but this is unlike any bungee I have ever seen. It is much stiffer and appears way more "heavy duty".

On a side note, I got a 27" walleye which is always a plus!