Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Minnesota Fishing Report Clubs - ONLY 20 FREE MEMBERSHIPS Per Area - Join Today - FREE   03/08/2018

Fishing Minnesota has added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. Initially we are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20 members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want see detailed fishing reports/tips  around your area and will share your detailed fishing report as soon as you join, then Join Now! Some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Hey anyone know where I can get another mast mounting bracket?? kind that bolts to boat with 4 bolts and has a threaded bolt in it to hold mast there??

Russ has them there at MG.

Great!! thank you

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• VermilionGold
      What kind of dock are you looking at adding to? I had a lift dock extended a few years ago, they were able to weld a new section to the existing dock and add an “L” section.
    • VermilionGold
      Thanks to those that have PM’d some contacts. I plan to use mine for boat storage, but if you read the regulations on Boathouses or WOAS structures there is no requirement to put a boat in it.  They cannot be used for human habitation though. Ok, carry on with your discussion.
    • Big Kype
      Minnesota, the land of 10,000 rules where it's barely legal to fish.

The main selling point is that the JawJacker and Autos are a conservation tool. It sets the hook right away as soon as the fish bites. So a lot less fish get hooked deep and die after being released. There are limits on all these lakes anyway so it's not like people are going to over-fish lakes because the limit is the same regardless of what you use to fish with. There is a rule in the Minnesota rules that says you can't fish with spring loaded hooks. A spring loaded hook is actually a device from the 1920's and 30's that was banned because when a fish bit it would somehow latch onto the fish's mouth and disfigure destroy the fish it clamped down so hard. So the rule dates back to the 1920's and 30's and was put in the regs to ban that specific device. You might be able to find these spring loaded hooks somewhere like a fishing equipment collectors guide. So they have forgotten the specific reasoning behind that regulation and interpret the bent rod as being a spring loaded hook now which it is not and deviates from the original intent of the regulation. To change laws and regs you almost need to have some sort of a lobbying group, like a sportsmans group to pick up the cause to push the issue or talk with your local state government officials to pick up the cause. In Wyoming a CO once was saying that if a sportsmen's group or activist group comes to them and shows how the regulations have changed in states around them and they feel like they are falling behind the times on certain things then they will review the issue and change the regs if they feel that is necessary.
    • eyeguy 54
      nice fishies! 
    • monstermoose78
      I think tulipees are eating walleye fry  Or the spottailed shiners
    • monstermoose78
      Nice gills!
    • leech~~
      That's what we keep hearing and it sounds good. But, I'm starting to think our DNR fisheries doesn't even know how Jello works!
    • MN BassFisher
      My Father-In-Law has recently gotten into ice fishing but he hasn't targeted Panfish yet through the ice. With the goal of getting him on some big Bluegills we decided to get off the beaten trail to check out a brand new lake. We loaded up our sleds, hopped on the snowmobiles and put the miles on. With no contour or lake maps we searched for hours with no sign of a Bluegill. That all changed when we stumbled on a shallow and weedy flat. As soon as we got lines in the water the quality fish started showing up! It's always fun when a new lake pans out!  
    • Finnish Flash
      "Watch your own Bobber"   
    • ANYFISH2
      Contender? Not so sure about! It does appear as though we upgraded the pitching staff as a whole.  Hope we improve and injuries stay away.