Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fever

Pulaski

13 posts in this topic

Fished pulaski this am and did fairly well on bass. Must have caught a dozen rock bass, 10 or so Largies with an 18 incher and a few 17s mixed in. Saw 5 walleyes floating in about a 400 yard strech near the north west shore close to docks. Whats with that? Deep hooks, caught deep and not released fast enough. Largest one was proabably 18 inches and the smallest was around 14inches or so... Kinda depressing. Anyone else see these floaters? Not many boats out there at all this am. I really don't like their parking situation they have going there. smirk.gif

There are'nt too many people that would release a walleye of any size on pulaski. I would say warm water bends before hooking mortality. Pretty interesting though.

yeah, sig is right. if the walleye is 14" or bigger people will keep it. and your right the parking really stinks there.

Whatta you complaining about. You don't even use the access. grin.gif

Yeah i know but still the parking is terrible

Pulaski got drawn so we'll be out there from 6 till 9.... Kinda windy though... oh well... smirk.gif

May need to check on the thermocline. That may have something to do with it?

didn't do so hot... pattern that worked well wed didn't produce yesterday. We ended up in 8th place with two small 13.5 inch bass. Winning weight was 7lbs with three... I had that the day before prefishing with an 18, and two 17's... Oh well. Too much recreation out there. Jet skiers everywhere with very little regard to how close they get to you while your fishing outside weed edge. I can't stand that.

How many boats were in your outing (tourney)? Is there a fee?

I think there was 11 or 12 that night. We have a limit of 15 but have never got that many. Yep there is a small fee. Twenty per boat. There is only two or three weeks left in this league though as they started the thursday after opener.

$20.00 per boat, per week times 10 boat average. Makes for a nice piece of change.

Yeah but we pay out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as put a certain % away for the final tourny. 2.00 out of the twenty per boat also goes into a cash pot for largest pike of the day. All in all it's really more about pride and for me its a great way to just get better and better. I beleive that after fishing this league the past three summers I have become much more familiar with area lakes and a much more well rounded angler than I would have ever been. I must admit that I've become much more into Bass than I ever thought I'd be. Used to be just Walleyes and pike... Now, probably targeting bass about80% of the time on the water. While I'm here... what do you guys know about Granite lake and specifically the Bass population? Later. smirk.gif

Most leagues I have come across are bass leagues. Even the fishing club I fished with, was more into bass then walleye. Northerns are, just to bad you wasted your time. I liked fishing bass but I eat walleyes so I would there catch eyes now.