Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfs

new resort??

13 posts in this topic

I heard that there was a new resort the opened not to long ago on the upper red...it was on Butch Furtman's fishing show, so I was told.....anyone know if this true and what is the name of the resort if so?

Thanks, Surfs

i don't thinks so.......there was a resort that had been in progress the last 2-3 years that was nearing completion then burnt down this past winter......

I saw Butch's show a couple of weeks back. He launched out of westwinds.

Nope no new resorts.

Furtman has been launching out of Westwinds Resort for his shows.

The show was probably taped last year with the plan for the resort to open, but then it burned down.

Quote:

i don't thinks so.......there was a resort that had been in progress the last 2-3 years that was nearing completion then burnt down this past winter......

Was it arson? I know a guy that had a really nice place on the West side of the lake that was burned several times. It seems to be a real problem up there, along with auto theft. I went to BSU, one of my friends had her car stolen 3 times in one year. Her parent's brand new suburban was stolen and found torched.

No problems here in Waskish (east end), we had a crime wave a few years back, two retired gals tried to get into the wrong cabin by accident. It is still talked about as the Waskish crime wave.

Let me take that back we had a couple of deals happen. A car also turned up missing but then the farmer remembered he left it at the fields when he went to bring the tractor back. laugh.gif

We don't have those problem around Waskish. Small town with everybody watching and remember we never had much for law enforcemnt around these parts like we do now, the locals took care of it themselves and the crooks would much rather deal with the police then ticked off farmers or our fleet of retired cops, lawyers, jailers, firemen, drug enforcemt officers etc etc. It is one thing to challenge authority but to challenged retired authority is another thing...nothing to do but make a bad guys life a living... grin.gif

grin.gif

"the Waskish Crime Wave" grin.gif That was a scary day. It seems 2 retired ladies here in Waskish were killing the afternoon off sitting in Westwind when another local came in and told them that he was tearing an old cabin down and planned on burning it the next day. He thought that somebody should go look at it before it was burned because it has some handcarved trim work around the windows and doors that maybe should be saved. The 2 ladies agreed to go look at it so they got a map from him and off they went. When they got to the cabin they found that the door was stuck shut. They tried everything including one holding the other up by the armpits so she could kick the door with both feet but they couldn't get the door open. They looked in through the windows and there was a lot of good stuff in that cabin so they went back and gave the door another round. No luck getting the door open but now they were getting hot and thirsty so back to the bar they went. They told the guy that there was some great stuff in that cabin but the door was stuck shut. He gave them a funny look and remarked that they had taken the doors off yesterday. Wrong cabin. grin.gifgrin.gif

LOL. And I'll bet that ya never let those two ol' gals hear the end of it. wink.gif

I have not heard of any new resort/campgrounds besides West Wind, the area most defiantly could use another resort or two with a decent boat landing, especially on the north and south shores.

Ken

There have been a number of resorts, hotels or campgrounds proposed but one thing has stopped them all. Minnesota's wetlands laws. frown.gif

Truly a sad deal, many good opportunities or ventures that would be profitable and help the area but the smallest wet area, even as small as a compact car stops the whole operation.