Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishngary

Hello !!! New to the area and thrilled to be here !!!!

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. I've just recently moved to Minnesota from the Southwest and I have to admit that the angling opportunities here definitely played a role in my choice. Now that I'm here I've made the St. Croix my fishing home. Wow! What a beautiful place! Never seen a bald eagle or a river otter in my life, let alone both within the same hour. Anyway it took me awhile to learn the new rigging styles here but I've been having some good luck. At first I only fished the channel near the kinnickinnic,(boy the traffic is terrible there!) but now I'm off and wandering and constantly on the lookout for new and better spots. Anyhow thanks for the opportunity to say hello and hopefully I'll make some good fishing friends in time. Oh! and one quick question.... Is there a specific channel on the marine band you guys use to communicate? It would help to get some on the water advice from you guys. Thanks!!! and keep your line in the water. laugh.gif

Welcome to the St Croix, I believe its one of the best fisheries in the state and one off the most beautiful places to fish!! See you on the water!!

Glad to have you here. I am from Arizona and grew up fishing the Colorado River. I miss the warm winters, but not much else. I am on the river several days a week. I cannot get up as early as Walleye1, but if you ever see a 17 foot Starcraft with a 90 merc on the back say Hi. Nice to hear how the Southwest has change since I moved here 11 years ago.

welcome to FM and to cottage grove. good luck out on the croix. i wont help much since ive only fished it twice, and both from shore.