Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
def

North Turtle

13 posts in this topic

Is there any public boat acess on north turtle? We have never found one. It sounds like it might be a fun lake to fish.

No public boat access on North Turtle.

I recall the DNR talking about building a public access, but I haven't heard anything for some time...

Post deleted by carp_killer

So your saying the fishings good?

The fishing is good, but it gets pounded hard in the winter.

I heard some talk that it winter killed a few years ago. Anybody know any info on that. Just wondering.

Birdmasterfisher

Winter killed by ice fisherman, maybe. blush.gif

That lake saw enormous fishing pressure in the winter in the past several years. Not as good as the old days...

The fishing turned down last year, but it didn't have a winter kill that I know of. I live on the lake and have not seen dead fish pop up over the last couple of years. I think a huge issue is that the cormorants and pelicans are thick on the lake. It seems that it turned down when they appeared. There are plenty of bass in the lake and northern yet. Please come and take some bass off the lake we could use some decline in there numbers.

Did the DNR put some special regs on the bass there?

PS - Buy me a drink, Bub! wink.gif

I believe the dnr purchased a spot for an access to be put in next year. Pan fishing is pretty crappy out there, and like any other lake in the state, you can catch some northern and bass. But, i think of them as sportfish, so every one i catch goes back in to be caught again. I would go to South Turtle for pannies. I'm not even sure if you can legally launch a boat out there or not, I know the signs sure say not to. I used to drag the jon boat into the water so I wasn't technically "launching" a boat for pannies.

I think nothing under 20"

North Turtle Lake: All 12" and larger must be immediately released. One over 20" allowed in possession.

nroff is not real bright!!!

They did but it's one of the few but growing number of lakes that they put regulations on sport carp. I'd like to see the dnr start showing statistics to back their regulations on these lakes. The need to control the number of bass taken out of the lake. Are bass in the endangered spiecies list now on nturtle and Jewett?