• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mineral blocks and Buck Jam

Guest Kyle

This weekend I put out 2 25lb mineral blocks. About 20yd away from one another. I then pored Buck Jam-Acorn Honey flavor all over both of them. I also poored it around the blocks on stumps, downed trees, and right on the ground. I just learned that some people break the blocks into smaller chunks. Should I have done that? Does anyone know if Buck Jam works? I used it hoping the deer would find the mineral blocks sooner. This is the first time I have ever put down mineral blocks or any type of liquid attractant. I know the only real way to know is to check the spots, but it is three hours away from me, and I wont get a chance to get up there for another two weekends. Based on others experience, will the deer still use the blocks even though I didnt crush them up, and does Buck Jam work?

Yes, they will work.

The "block topper" has worked to get animals interested in the begining for me. Bear seem to like it a little bit.

Have you noticed the mineral mix that (I think BLB) has made and posted on here? Try some of that next time; you will get five times the amount of minerals for half the cost.

I have tried buck jam apple and the corn they didn't seen to work for me. just a regular salt block is what i use now after what they did to the last spot that i had one, they dug a hole that was 4 feet around by 10 inches deep where the salt block was. stick with the cheep salt blocks and you will see what i mean!

I recently put out a mineral block and put stump licker on it and the deer just went nuts for it. I also bought some deer co-caine liquid and put that in a differnet site and they went crazy for that too!!!