Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
relaxNfish

Frustrated

6 posts in this topic

I guess you could say im not a pro fisher but I try. Ive tried fishing hidden falls and caught some small cats and sheepies. Tried a few lakes in the metro but struck out maybe due to the weed growth but fishing from shore can be tough. The most action ive seen this year was at the cr dam and that was carp. I want to try Minnetonka but dont know where to shore fish that area and looking for advise on where to cast off. Anybody know how to get to king point or something like that in tonka where theres a dock to fish? Any help would be appreciated and if you dont want to say public a pm would be cool. Not looking for pity (lol) just lookn. pike would be nice even small ones

Earlier this summer the crappies were great off the docks at the launch in spring park bay on tonka. haven't been out there for a month or so, but its only a longer cast to get to the 10 foot range and a bit beyond. Also, there is a few hundred yards of shoreline worth trying, however, there may be a bit of weed growth to ruin alot of metro shorefishing this time of year.

you should try the narrows on Minnetonka....I have always had good luck fishing there...tons of fish and lots of species

Kings point is private - well from shore it is. There's a lil park back there with a fishing pier, but its in a bay next to kings pt - shallow and muddy bay. Good in spring though.

From shore I second the Narrows - but it's a busy channel with boats going by, however early AM it'll be all yours especially once the weather turns a lil cooler.

Actually any channel in Tonka can produce its just finding parking that can be difficult. Try Black lake (on tonka)

Well I went ahead and tried lake harriet for some action for a couple days and caught 2 bass and saw a huge muskie and some nice carp on the dock. Was thinking about trying out lake of the isles or cedar.