Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tkettel

Kitchi

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on Kitchi Lake on the Cass Lake Chain? We will be staying at a resort on the lake next weekend. Should we be looking at bordering lakes for some action? I will have my son with me, so any type of action would be good, walleye action would be awesome.

TK,

I fished it once about 10 years ago, trolling for walleye on the right side as you come past the bridge by the Pike Hole restaurant. Fun fact, I caught about a 14-15 inch walleye that I was reeling in and my son (who was about 12 at the time and loved netting the fish) stood waiting with the net. About half way back to the boat I see a boil start circling my walleye and then I see a fin and boom a muskie hits my poor walleye. I start reeling like crazy trying to land both fish and my son's eyes nearly pop out of his head as he saw the 40+ beast. He started shaking as the thing got closer but about 3 feet from the boat the muskie lets go of my walleye and my son nets a chewed up 15" walleye. It still cooked up pretty good as it was already "tenderized" LOL

My best recommendation to fish Kitchi would be to give Brian Jones a call at First Choice Guide Service, he has been fishing the Cass chain for 16 years and really knows his stuff. Book him for a half day or full day early in your trip and he will show you how to fish the lake and put you on fish. Mention to him that Windy sent you and he will give you a discount off his already low prices. He is a great young family man who will share his knowledge of the lake with you. Have a great trip!

Windy

About 8 posts ago on this page, there is a thread called "visiting Cass" with a few replys about Kitchi.

Check it out.

Thanks for the heads up on the post, good info. Hopefully I can put the son on some nice fish.