Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perchking

New Scope...

7 posts in this topic

My wife gave me the ok for a new scope but I cannot exceed $500 ish... It will be going on a Ruger 7mm Mag Stainless barrel with the wood grain synthetic stock...

Couple brands I have been looking at is Leopold VX III, Ziess Conquest…

My vote is for the Leopold VX III, I have this one, no regrets, great scope.

My vote would be a Burris Signature Series. I have two and friends of mine have 5 more and they have been awesome.

I have numerous scopes from Leopold to Burris to Nikon. I would really take a look at the Burris Elite 3200, 3-9x50.

I placed one on my Ruger 300 mag and over 5 years the scope has hald up very well. Good light transmission also. Its a little less money than my Leopold but works just about as good in low light conditions.

I would at least take a look at it as its not quite as much mulla. You can also get it in the silver finish to match your stainless barrel. I put this one on the 300 and it also lokks nice.

Thanks everybody for let me know what your preference is. I have 2 Leopold's a rifleman and a LX-1. They sit on a .243, and a .204. I like Nikons binocs but not crazy about their scopes, I currently have a Nikon Buckmaster Series, 4.5-14X40MM with Sidefocus that will be hitting ebay as soon as I make up my mind on a new one.

I would go with the Leupold Vari-X III. I have it on my .270 and love it. Great light transmittance and has held up really well.

I would go with the Zeiss conquest 4.5-14X44. I have one on my 300WSM and it's awsome. My dad has a Leupold Vari-X III and he wishes he had my scope. Clear as you can get, and excellent light transmittance.