Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyepatrol

Please Be Aware

15 posts in this topic

Last Thursday my co-worker who lives right next door to my parents had an attempted break-in on her house. Whomever did it, got away leaving little evidence available to police. They are even taking the time two wipe their fingerprints from the scene. This is the 3rd attempt in the past 2 weeks in Gaylord. The previous 2 were "successful", but they broke glass at her place, so they quickly wiped the area clean and took off. Thus far they have targeted "nicer" homes with elderly or single people living in the homes. And it appears they make their attempts during the daytime when people are off to work.

There were subtle signs of their presence prior to their attempt. Pebbles from a planter next to her house were on the concrete patio 2 consecutive days, but she didn't think anything of it....just swept them away. She also had a plant alongside her house that was trampled a little bit, but again, she didn't think much of it.

There was also a break-in or two over in Winthrop earlier this year (just 7 miles west of Gaylord). If it's the same guys, they are hitting area towns a few times and moving on. Please be aware and conscious of anything or anyone that appears out of place. I know this posting is a shot in the dark and will likely not happen to any of you, but that's what my neighbor thought too. Since Thursday, she hasn't hardly had a wink of sleep at night (she's about 62 and widowed). My parents are on alert too. And being they only live 1.5 blocks from me, I'm on the alert a bit too with proper "defense" measures in place.

Supposedly, there is a grey suv involved in some of these cases.

Thank you.

All i have to say is that people need to grow up. Hopefully they get busted.

Hopefully they'll end up at the wrong house and will get a 45 or shotgun stuck in their face. That will make them re-evaluate their situation real quick.

Quote:

a 45 or shotgun

Check.

and Check.

I live in Winthrop and know of this situation. Same scenario. Older person and during the day.There was a write up in our local paper regarding this. Apparently it was a hispanic gentleman that they are looking for. The SUV is the same also.

Hispanic 'gentlemen' don't burgle houses! Must be a garden variety dirt bag! mad.gif

well put.

I was being politically correct

lol. you know what I meant.

They did catch one of the offenders as I was told from a very reliable source. He was not hispanic.

good, im glad that they got one of them.

They did get one and will be getting the other one in the next few days.....

Hey, it sounds like a couple of you guys have some pretty good info smirk.gif, do you know if that caught that other dude yet?

I figured mine must have been a rumor. Glad its the right info.

they got them both...

good. hope they treat them right!!!