Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plogsdon

Sand Bay

11 posts in this topic

We will be close to Sand Bay. With the price of fuel not wanting to travel a far distance. Is there a pattern on the bay that seems to still be getting a fish or two? Early morning, late evening,humps, breaklines?? Thanks Phil

Sooo anyone fishing Sand Bay these days???

Its been a long time since I have fished Sand Bay. However, I do know of some people who have been doing fairly well on the reefs. Look to 28-34 feet of water for most of the walleyes to come from. They will be hitting crawlers and a jig and a minnow combination.

Bill,

Have you had any luck with the new gulp alive minnows. If so, what size and color. Do you stock them.

I am trying the new gulp alive minnows as we speak. I only have two trips with them under my belt and I must say that I am impressed. Day one produced some nice fish on them, however on day two the walleyes wanted crawlers...there isn't much you can do about that.

We do stock them too. However, the ones that we had in stock were on the shelves for a total of two days before they sold out. I am in the process of ordering more in...hopefully we will have them by this weekend.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!

Any activity on Sand Bay?

HI PLOGS,

YES, I HAVE FISHED SAND BAY. I HAVE BEEN DOING BEST ANCHORING IN ABOUT 28 FOOT., JIGS & SHINNERS. SATURDAY NIGHT, I TOOK THE FISHING QUEEN & BETWEEN THE 2 OF US WE CAUGHT AROUND 25 WALLEYES....FROM 8" TO 22". HOWEVER WHAT HAS REALLY BEEN FUN IS FISHING CRAPPIES, NOT RED LAKE BABY CRAPPIES(SORRY GUYS, YOU HAVE NICE CRAPPIES TOO) I'M TALKING LEGIT 2 LB PIGS...NOW THATS FUN...MY BUDDY DARRELL & I LOOK AT THESE FISH IN AWE!!! THEY ARE REALLY YELLOW, NOT SURE IS I HAVE SAW MORE BEAUTIFUL CRAPPIES, WE'VE CAUGHT THEM UP TO 2LBS 10OZ., IN RAINY, BUT NOT WITH THESE BRIGHT YELLOW COLORS.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

fishmiester

Thanks for the info. Were the crappies mixed in with the walleyes? confused.gif I've managed to catch a few crappies over the years, but it has all been by accident when fishing for northerns or walleyes.

HI CLK,

THERE ARE GETTING TO BE ALOT OF CRAPPIES IN SAND BAY & YES YOU DO CATCH THEM MIXED IN WITH THE WALLEYES., HOWEVER WHEN YOUR FISHING WALLEYES, YOU MOST LIKELY ARE FISHING ON THE BOTTOM....CRAPPIES SUSPEND...AND ALWAYS FEED UPWARD. CRAPPIES CAUGHT ON THE BOTTOM ARE SMALL MOST OF THE TIME. THE 2LB. CRAPPIES WE CAUGHT AND I TALKED ABOUT IN THE PREVIOUS POST WERE NOT CAUGHT IN SAND BAY, HOWEVER THERE ARE LOTS OF 2LB CRAPPIES IN SAND BAY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Thanks Dave--- Phil

fishmiester

Thanks for the info. smile.gif