Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surface Tension

Island Lake Gold Report 8/4

7 posts in this topic

It wasn't an all out day of fishing. Just a couple hours on the water with Pete and then some relaxation time with friends and family at the cabin.

The report is much the same as my last Island Lake Report

22' of water trolling spinners w/ crawlers. Whats strange to me is to have to 14-15"ers in among the larger eyes, not that I'm complaining.

Island has put out some very quality eyes for me this summer.

22in%20Island%20lake%20eye%20o7.jpg

This one was quickly photographed and Released, none worse for wear. Note the ragged tail, no doubt shes spawned a few times.

This was a mid day bite, I did get a report of those perfect eaters(15") coming from 5' of water in the evening, again with spinners. Just goes to show theres more then one way to get the Gold from Island.

Nice fish Frank and I like your shirt! smile.gif

Chaff

Nice fish Frank, I was out on sunday and caught some nice eaters in 6 feet of water in evening.

Gary

Keep your hooks sharp smile.gif

Shirt? He's wearing a shirt? grin.gif

cool.gifcool.gif Its good to be on to something good.....

Why do they make short sleeved snow camo?????????? grin.gif

Its the "in" thing! Krammer has one just like it, so I know its in fashion.

Made from nylon, its a very cool shirt in the hot sun.

2 weekends ago I was wearing it also(very hot out), throw it in the lake and put it back on, instant goose bumps!

Made from nylon, its a very cool shirt in the hot sun.

2 weekends ago I was wearing it also(very hot out), throw it in the lake and put it back on, instant goose bumps!

Here I just thought you were either happy to see me or ya couldnt believe you had a fish on the end of your line. wink.gif