Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrcarp

lake francis landing

24 posts in this topic

HI DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW LANDING IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE ALSO HAS ANY ONE SEEN IF THE BOAT LANDING WILL BE DEEPER I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO FISH IT BUT HAVE A OLDER 14 FOOTER THATS ON A BUNK VERY HARD TO GET OFF THANKS FOR ANY INFO

Where did you hear that this lake was getting a new landing?? I hope its true because its a great lake to fish and really needs a new landing. Is it going to be on the north side by the beach?? smile.gif

HI YES THEY ARE IN THE PROCESS OF DOING IT RIGHT NOW. YES IT IS THE NORTH LANDING IT LOOKS LIKE THEY MOVED IT DOWN BY THE END OF THE BEACH. I JUST HOPE ITS DEEPER BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO FISH IT.

So the landing that has the beach on it, is the one that they are redoing?

yes it is

Spoke to a friend of mine who lives near the landing, he tells me they did dredge it out some and they supposedly are going to be tarring a parking lot. The swimmming beach will now be where the old landing was. They took down the old shed(Shelter) down and cut down all the trees that were there. I fish this lake all the time, I went down there the day before did much work and was suprised to see all the reeds in the swimming area. Where they are putting the new landing, they had to remove some reeds, so the reeds they removed, they put where the swimming beach was. I can't wait to get down there to see the changes.

You mean the lake that is all weeds everywhere?

So when will this be all done?

Spoke to my friend last night that lives near the landing, They worked Monday on it and has not seen them since, Looks like it is ready to be paved, but doesn't know what they are waiting for. He say's there is something in front of the landing so you can't launch a boat. He is going to keep me posted, and I will post it here when I hear something.

I hope they dig it out good!!

What if they only dig it out mediocre?

I landed there once this spring when the wind was blowing into that shore at about 25 mph...It was fun to say the least.

They moved the landing down to the East end of the property. I grew up right next to where the landing is going to be. It used to drop of there somewhat, But my friend who lives by there, Said he thinks they dredged it out some, but wasn't positive.

Just an Update on the landing: They put Curb and gutter in this week, still no Asphalt. Guess the landing is still closed.

Thanks for the updates! I want to check out this lake when the new access is done. smile.gif

is the beach going to be there anymore, or did they pave it all?

My understanding of it is, the beach is going to be where the landing use to be.

hmmm. i am interested to see what its going to look like. nice lake, they needed a new landing.

Took a drive down to see the Francis Landing. They do have the base coat of asphalt down. They made parking for about 15 or so trailers. The landing itself looks to much deeper, they have only taken out the reeds where the concrete part of the ramp is at. They need to get the reeds out, so you can get out to the lake. It is looking really nice except, They planted grass on a small portion of the hillside, and some (Contact Us Please) thought it would be cool to ride ATV up the hill and mess up the new grass seed.

Anyways, landing still closed.

thats good that there going to be able to have a good langing there. they needed that since the start.

I guess the landing is open. The reeds out in front of the landing have not been removed, don't know what the plans are for that. Might go out there and give it a try today and will let you know what the landing is like later.

did ya go out there?

No, I decided to go after walleyes on Cedar, didn't fair to well out there. One 7lb carp. Going to try getting out there soon.

I'd rather they kept the landing pretty cruddy, so all y'all stay off my lake tongue.gif

I am interested in seeing the new landing. I remember how hard it was to land a boat at the old one, so im guessing it cant be that bad.

I see what your saying about everyone not going out there. Its a great lake.