• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bows

tanman

hey everyone i am looking to get started in bow hunting and just wondering what bow would be good for a beginnner but still be able to take down a deer

You're going to hear this from 99.999% of the people on here. Just go into a archery shop and talk to them. They will be sure to get you fitted for the correct bow with the accessories needed to get started.

The store will let you shoot a few different bows to see what feels good in your hand and how it fits you. That is the biggest thing I can recommend is to shoot a few so you can see and feel any difference's between the different models and makers of bows.

What area are you from? If you post the area people could probably steer you to a good shop in your area.

Quote:

You're going to hear this from 99.999% of the people on here. Just go into a archery shop and talk to them. They will be sure to get you fitted for the correct bow with the accessories needed to get started.

The store will let you shoot a few different bows to see what feels good in your hand and how it fits you. That is the biggest thing I can recommend is to shoot a few so you can see and feel any difference's between the different models and makers of bows.

What area are you from? If you post the area people could probably steer you to a good shop in your area.

He is right on the money. That is the best and as I see it the only way to get the job done. Be sure to be up front about how much your willing to spend. I walked into the shop and said I don't want to spend over $300.00. I was just starting out and wasn't sure I would stay with it so I didn't want to invest a fortune. They outfitted be with a PSE Nova Package for about $270.00 at the time.

That fall I shot a doe on opening evening and a 6 point buck on October 26th grin.gif

Hey Tanman,

I agree about being upfront about price. I have been bowhunting for 6 years now. I started out like you. I bought the least expensive bow I could find with the least expensive accessories I could find. I didn't know if I would even enjoy using a bow. Long story short, I loved to shoot/hunt right away. I quickly found out that there were other bows, sites, rests, releases, arrows that I wanted to upgrade to. I would have never really known this unless I started somewhere. Bottom line is they all will take game and you will be able to tell what kind of bow you want to upgrade to someday. Keep in mind that there are lots of opinions on what bow you should buy or what the best bow is. Get out and enjoy a new sport.

Check out clearance rack bows. Those $300 bows were $500 2 years ago.

I agree -- PSE in an EXCELLENT choice for a first bow. Can't beat what you get for the price.