Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deadminnowcatcher

ripley hunt odds????

7 posts in this topic

What are the chances of getting drawn 2 years in a row for the ripley hunt??? Anyone ever get drawn 2-3 years in a row?????

I got drafted last year and the year before. From what I've heard there hasn't been enough applicants. I thought the numbers last year was the weekday hunt they were short around 150 and the weekend about 200. These are just numbers guys in line at the hunt heard about. Hope this helps.

They were not short because the last 2 years our group has not been picked. But it was 3 years in a row before that.

There has only been 2 years that we didn't get in and we have been gooing since 85.

did you apply single or as a group???? would it decrease odds if you apply as a group of 3???

I have always went in as a group. I think that it does make a difference if you change group leaders. When you join a group that has been started you are under the person that starts the groups MDNR # not your own. Not sure but I think it makes a difference. We have odd numbers of people that go each season because we have a party of 8 of the low end and as many as 13 depending on the year so we also have multiple groups.

Our group of 3 did not get drawn for the weekend hunt last year. Before that we had been drawn 3 years in a row. Our group leader changed last year also, so maybe that does make a difference even though the people in the group stayed the same.

I emailed the DNR last year after we didn't get drawn because I wanted to know which hunt had the best odds. When they replied back it showed that both hunts had more applicants than permits but more people applied for the weekend hunt. So your odds are better of getting drawn for the first hunt.

Nels