Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinnesotaMongo

Local Bass Tournaments

17 posts in this topic

My 14 yr old son and I want to start fishing some smaller bass tournaments around the local area. I'm in the process of selling my Older Lund and looking for a newer multi-species rig for next year. I'm getting back into the sport after being away from it for 6 years and need some advice. Are there fun tournaments around here, or will I get blown out of the water with everybody's 250 hp bass boat? I have no illusions about winning - but we think it would be a great way to learn more of the local lakes and get to know some area fisherman.

Any suggestions to point us in the right direction? Thanks

Luckycrank...

yo flk a.k.a frenchie

there are a few local tournaments in the area wich have low entries one would be d's bustin bass(thursday nights) and the other would be gabby's thursday nighters gabby's has had a great turn out for years and d' bustin bass is a new event. unfortanatly he's had a poor turn out for most of them do to gabby's being on the same night as for d's schedule look under the tournament league forum i may fish the next one of his on roberds lakebut not sure yet

horse power usally isn't a big issue and i encourage you to participate ther alot of fun

Not sure where you are from or how far you are willing to travel but there is one on lake zumbro just north of rochester on tuesday nights - $20 per boat, very informal apparently. I have never participated but am a regular in the Rochester forum and it is discussed often - here is a link that has description/rules/winners etc.

Zumbro Bass Tourney

Good Luck

Thanks for the info. I knew there was a league out here sometime, but I didn't know if I would get rooster-tailed to death by 19 yr olds with their dad's bass boat. I've done a few of those local tournaments when I lived in Sherburne County. A 300 acre lake and it's "On your Mark, Get Set. GO!" and a dozen Fast Strikes jumping on plane with roostertails to make the 6 second run the first point. heheh.

I'm looking foward to it. I'm still looking for the perfect multi-species rig - can't quite seem to pull the trigger.

Thanks again for all the input...

New Ulm Bass Anglers Club would be a option. Small seasonal fee with the option to join the state federation. We fish Mankato, Willmar, Alexandria areas. If interested drop me a line. elehman at newulmtel.net

if you decide to fish this thursday i'll have to get in touch with you,as of now i'm not going to make it i believe i blew up my outboard last night but i may have info on where the bass are there my nephew fishes every day there and catches 20-25 a day in the 17-20" range

WHAT? How did you wreck your motor? shocked.gif

just went boom

Sorry to learn of your loss. It hits right in the wallet... or is the yammy still under warranty? Who is gonna do the work? How fast?

Did a little more investigating this a.m seems it has good even compression so thats good, but there still a heck of a clatter and I happened to notice the the prop intermittently spin every time you heard a loud clunk so I'm guessing there's something in the lower unit bad, and when I pulled the drain plug I got a lot of metal shavings.

None the less not a good situation. confused.gif

The boat goes in on Thursday a.m likley won't have it back for the weekend or U.B for that matter. On the worse note it's all I can think about and my I can't rest till I know what the out come will be.

Taking it to LaCannes? If so, and it is lower unit, and a yammi..be prepared for at least a week. When mine went in, they said they had to ship it out to somewhere to fix the LU, and they do this only on Mondays. For being a 5star dealer, or whatever Yammi calls them....what a joke.

I'll be out fishing a few nights this week, and Sunday and Monday if you want to go, let me know. I have an open seat for you.

WAS IT DO TO A WARRANTY ISSUE? I APPRECIATE THE GESTURE BUT AM NOT SURE OF MY PLANS YET I THINK I'LL CALL LACCANES AND GET SOME MORE INFO.

BUNT, SEAMS YOU ARE CORRECT, I CALLED THEM AND ASK ABOUT THE PROCEDUREFOR THIS AND IT'LL LIKLEY BE THE 20TH BEFORE THEY EVAN HAVE IT AVAILABLE TO REPLACE PARTS INSIDE AFTER A LITTLE INVESTIGATION IT SEEMS ALOT OF REPAIR SHOPS ARE THE SAME

Mine was due to the lower unit - skag, prop, and whatever that thing is called that when you have a SS prop, it bends and breaks.

In my experience with them after the sale and spending close to 28k this spring....I will not be buying/upgrading from them, and I will take my business else ware for service.

Luckycrank, what are you going to do for the next 2 or 3 weeks? crazy.gif Theres always an empty spot in the 16'er for ya. Just name the day. Hey at least you'll save a lil $ on gas now, probly be going to the boat anyhow though. The straight river smallies are probly waitn for ya too. I'll be at my g-pas all wknd so if your bored... tongue.gif