Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasonlane

muskie bite

9 posts in this topic

just wondering how everyone is doing? smile.gifcool.gif

I don't fish for them, but one glommed on to a pesky perch I was pulling in on Norwegian Bay.

Not a reliable judge of size, but from the quick look I got b4 he parted my walleye snell, I'd say maybe just under 35-inches or so.

Pesky perch steal my walleye bait, and pesky muskie steal my pesky perch! What's a girl to do?

SLOWWWWWWW. That about sums it up.

fished all weekend, saw a 50"+, other than that and about 5 nice pike, i cant seem to find the ski's

where are they?

Did you try the humps and open water? I'm coming up next week so hope to find them then.

maybe they saw the 500+ lures a day during full moon week and decided to go into deep hiding laugh.gif

Theres no doubt that the increased fishing pressure has caused many of the muskies to change location. I was on the lake last monday night and counted 20+ boats just in big bay tossing big baits. Anything with a buoy on it had a boat fishing it. I have been having some luck finding fish in places you normally wouldn't pay much attention too. I had a nice fish come out from under an old boat house on one of the islands last week chasing a bucktail I was throwing at the rock point next to it. Just start exploring and if it looks like it could hold a fish...toss a bait at it. Good Luck!

Was up last weekend, worked our rears off. Caught a 43" and a 40.5" between the boat. The night fishing seems to be veryyyyyy crowed. Good luck

i will be goin up tuesday morning untill friday, i gunna try every thing i can to find them, ill consintrate on open water rock reefs, im not finding them in the cabbage right now