Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smoker62

kab trip on labor day

5 posts in this topic

i have the first week of sept. booked at carlsons and was getting excited already. usually have 10-12 in the group that have been going to canada past years. this year we decided to keep our money in the states and try kab. only three of us on this trip though. one in the group fell off a ladder last week at his cabin in northern wi and busted all his ribs on his right side and shattered his pelvis.layed for 18 hours before his neighbor came to check on him. he is in north chicago now at the va hospital. be there for a month or so then in a wheel chair for a while . wont be bouncing in a boat at kab in sept for sure. problem is we cant find a third for the trip to share the cabin and boat rental and may have to rebook or cancel. i dont mind picking up half of his share but the third buddy cant afford anymore than his share. he was strapped with just his share of the trip. its just killing me to have to cancel or even rebook. i e-mailed jerilyn for our options and havent heard from her yet. should i pick up all his share just to go or rebook if i can in the spring? dont know if she will let me do that though. only can get a refund if they can book the dates , which is unlikely late in the year i would imagine. anyone want to join two guys to share a cabin and boat?this is really killing me. his third was about 500 with lodge and boat.plus gas to get there,food,bait,beer,you get the pic. what would you do? i cant really afford his whole share either.half yes but an extra 500 + confused.gif

HAve you found that 4th? I may be interested and have a 22' boat that is great to fish out of with 4 people. How long are you going up there?

we are going up sat through sat and as of right now there are two of us.have been emailing the resort with not much response as to our options. we tried to downgrade to a one bedroom which would save a couple hundred but none available. right now we still have a two bedroom and 18 foot boat reserved for two. hope to hear soon whether we can rebook or what. i know jerilyn is busy but we need to know our options if any to plan.let me know what you may be interested in if anything. thanks for the reply.

Definately call to see what options you have and report back, my bail finger says do it, but I may have a conflict.

got an email from tonya, looks like we are going as planned. she said we could rebook earlier or later for a 1 bedroom but that doesnt work for us . she will give us the cabin we have had reserved at the i bedroom price if there is only 2 of us coming. neither of us wanted to cancel altogether so we will just go with the two of us and if we get another it will ease the cost. we have a couple maybes right now for the third guy.